Chapter fourteen

We all sit at dinner and Thomas all of a sudden stands up and walks towards the exit. Two guards hold him back but he tries to leave. We all get up and get him away from the guards. Janson comes along and throws us in the same room. I bang on the door.

"I don't belong here! I am not part of this room!" I scream but no one obviously cares about it. I turn around to look at the boys slowly smiling at me.

Aris crawls out of the vent and asks Thomas if he has it. Thomas shows the idea cart and they both get back into the vent. "I'm gonna see if this place is safe, cover for me." Thomas says before officially leaving. We just sit around.

"So, how long did you like him for?" Minho asks curious. I raise my shoulders just staring at the wall.

"Quiet some time now actually." I reply. Frypan pulls me into a hug and rubs my back softly.

"We'll be okay. All of us." He says. That's when the vent pops open and Thomas rushes out of there. He ties up the door so it stays locked. We scream at him to tell us what he saw.

"It's WCKD! We never left! They still have us it's all part of their plan!" He screams. We all crawl through the vent behind him. We need to escape from here.

We get through and Thomas helps everyone out. "Wait Thomas I gotta do something if we wanna get out of here." Aris says.

"I go with him, don't worry." I say. Aris and I get back into the vent and crawl outside. We come across a doctor and we take her down. We get the card and go to the outside.

We open the door and see the others there. They step outside but Thomas stands in front of Janson. The door starts closing from above down. Thomas starts running up to us and slides underneath the door. We start running away and get outside.

It's windy and everywhere sand flying around. We run up a mountain and hide from the soldiers of WCKD who just left the facility to look for us. Thomas pulls us with him and Teresa runs into a mall that's been under the sand for a while now.

It's dark but it's shelter which is good. "So what's the plan?" Minho asks out of breathe.

Thomas looks at us and then down. "You have a plan right Thomas? I mean we followed you out here and now you're telling us that you don't have any idea what we're doing and where were going?" Newt asks.

"Wait, Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains, an army or something." Aris says.

"The right arm, yeah if they're really against WCKD they may wanna help us." Thomas replies.

"People, in the mountains? Mountain people?" Newt asks which makes me laugh slightly.

"Hey Minho come here with your light!" Winston says who sits down next to something. When Minho shines there with his flashlight it's clear they're footsteps.

"Someone was here." Winston says.

"Okay take everything that can be useful out there." Thomas says pulling a jacket up. We all get flashlight and start looking around the place while splitting up.

I get to a place with a lot of clothes. I bend down and pick some good ones up. I see a bottle and some old stuff that must be from children. After a while I get a backpack full of useful stuff for out there.

The lights turn on and we all look around. Then we hear Thomas and Minho scream. We get back and see them being chased by cranks. We all start running away. We get split up again. Thomas and Teresa run up and we run straight forward.

We get to another staircase and get up. We reunite with Thomas and Teresa but keep running away. We run into a hallway when Newt gets trapped with a crank on top of him. Thomas kicks the crank off of him and helps him up. "Come on!" Minho screams.

We keep on running until we get into a little room on the end. We try to kick the door open but it's locked. "Move!" Frypan screams while bursting through the door. Winston gets taken by some cranks. We pull him back but they injure him pretty badly.

We start running away, after a while we hide under a place where the cranks didn't see us. We all rest and catch our breath. "Are we safe?" I ask softly.

They nod. It's still dark outside and we're all very tired so most of us fall asleep there pretty easy.