Chapter twenty-one

We walk through the sewer and it's disgusting down here but we get to a ladder eventually. "Okay, follow me." Gally says climbing up. I go after Newt but before Thomas. We get up there and look over the walls. Gally puts a binocular ready and let's Thomas watch. "Look I said I may new a way in, didn't say you would like it." Gally says.

"Teresa..." Thomas says. We look over the city and decide to go back. Newt gets down first.

"You know, every time I close my eyes I see his face, Chuck." Gally says before Thomas climbs down.

"Don't worry Gally, we already forgave you after I got to punch you." Thomas says smiling and then leaving. I look at Gally and he looks at me.

I wanna leave but he grabs my hand and pulls me back. "Why, why did you say you loved me before they pulled you away?" He asks almost desperate.

"Because I did, do." I reply softly looking down.

"Don't be stupid Summer." He says letting me go.

"Why am I stupid by telling you I really like you?" I ask a little loud.

"No one loves me, okay? I'm the jerk, leftout, the one who killed a kid!" He says but I cut him off.

"Yes, and you were the first person making me laugh, the first person I could trust with my life cause you saved it, remember?" I ask back.

He looks at me tears forming his eyes. "You're better of with Newt, Thomas or Minho. Even Frypan would be a better boyfriend." He says.

"But I don't want them, okay! You could've just told me you didn't like me back!" I say but once again, right before I leave he grabs my hand, pulling me close to him, placing one hand on my cheek and kissing me softly.

It takes two seconds for me to get into it since I didn't see it coming. We cut off the kiss and stare into each other's eyes. "I never said I didn't like you back did I?" He asks. I smile and blush softly.

"We should probably go back to the others." I say while still keeping eye contact and not moving an inch. He nods but stays where he is as well.

"Yeah, or... I can kiss you again." He says smiling still holding onto my arm.

"I like the second option better." I reply and with that he leans in and places his soft lips against mine. We deepen the kiss and didn't notice Newt and Thomas had climb up again to see where we are.

Newt coughs awkwardly and Gally and I cut off the kiss once again and look at the two boys. "After six months of 'I wish Gally was here' you finally made it." Thomas says raising an eyebrow.

"Really funny." I reply sarcastically.

"I know it's hilarious, but let's get going!" Newt says. We all get down and walk back through the sewer and get in the underground where trains drive.

One passes but Gally says quickly before running: "There will come another one, be quick." We all move quick to the other side and climb up before the other train comes. We get up and start talking about a possible plan.

"No! No we can't risk Teresa's life." Thomas says. We all look at each other shocked. She betrayed us and now he doesn't want her to get hurt?

"What? Afraid you're little girlfriend is gonna get hurt?" Newt asks irritated and to be honest, if he didn't do it, I would've.

"What do you...?" Thomas gets cut off by Newt who looks officially angry.

"This was never about saving Minho now was it? You just wanted to get back to that traitor?" He asks.

"Newt you got it wrong." Thomas tries but Newt pushes him against the wall in pure anger.

"Don't lie to me!" He screams which shocks all of us. We've never seen him like that. He seems shocked himself and apologizes before walking outside. Thomas gets behind him and we look at each other.

"Well that was interesting. Newt has never bursted out like that." Frypan says still a little shocked.

Gally pulls me away by my arm and gets us around the corner where the others could still hear us but I decided not to say anything about it. He pushes me against the wall and leans close to me. The shock and butterflies that now go through my stomach is insane. "So, what is this thing we're doing? Are you sure you like me like that or?" I cut him off smiling.

"Positive." I say. He looks at me smiling back.

"Summer do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asks. I start blushing like crazy and nod fanatically. He hugs me and rubs my back softly. "I missed you greenie." He whispers softly.

"I missed you too eyebrows!" I reply. He lets go of me and just stares into my eyes.

"Don't call me like that again." He says smiling.