Chapter twenty - three

I put on the uniform and get to the four boys on the ground. Gally points a gun at me since I'm wearing the stupid mask. "Don't you dare shoot me." I say.

I pull off the mask and the boys let out a sigh of relief. "Summer!" Minho says happily before hugging me.

"Okay let go of my girlfriend, buddy." Gally says. Minho looks at me and smiles.

"Girlfriend?" He asks raising an eyebrow. I roll my eyes. "Why are you here?" He asks.

"I wanted to help, Brenda can handle those kids easy." I reply smiling. We move but it gets harder to get Newt with us since the flare really affects on him.

We put him down against a wall and he starts coughing this nasty black stuff. "Okay we need to get the cure, he will not make it." I say softly.

"You're right, Minho and you go. Come back to us when you have it." Thomas says.

"I can give you guys cover." Gally replies. We all nod in agreement. We get up and start running over the streets hoping to get in time to Brenda.

We run upstairs, over things. Jump around to get faster to the plane. We finally arrive as we hear Teresa's voice through the speakers until the electricity gets restart. "Brenda, cure! Now!" I scream. She tosses it to me and we start running back.

This time not only me, Minho and Gally. But Brenda and Frypan follow as well. Brenda and I are the fastest, running like our lives depend on it. We get back to Newt when we see the horrible news.

Newt, on the ground... with a knife in his chest, dead It's quiet but Thomas picks up a gun and runs away. The boys arrive and see it too. No one says a word but we all feel the energy getting soaked out of the place. Minho and Frypan fall down next to Newt.

Tears fill my eyes, I cry silently, not wanting to disturb anyone right now. Gally notices and pulls me into a warm hug. He rubs my back softly while he himself sobs against my shoulder. No one says anything...

We stay like this for a few moments before slowly walking back to the plane. Still being silent. We wander over the streets, a group of lost people... people who lost someone close to them.

All at once gunshots get shoot and we hide behind a small little wall. When everyone is sitting I softly whisper: "G...Gally." He looks at me and sees it. I got hit.

"Shit!" He says pulling me closer to him, the others look at me shocked. I gasp for air and he hold me. "It's gonna be alright, okay? Don't leave me, whatever you do, don't close your eyes." He says putting pressure on the wound.

"We need to get away from here!" Frypan says while looking around. Minho picks up the gun and starts shooting back, which he is really good at. My eyes start watering again.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." Gally whispers to me, wiping away the tears that dropped down. Minho gets the guards down... Gally picks me up and carries me further until we finally got to the plane.

They lay me down, the children's expression of shock by seeing the gunshot in my chest is priceless. Brenda and Frypan start treating the wound a bit while Jorge flies up. Gally holds my head in his lap and strokes my hair softly.

"Summer, don't you dare close your eyes." He says panicking. I can't hold it much longer. Thomas gets onto the plane with also a bullet into his chest but Teresa falls down. They treat our wounds the best they can but my eyes slowly shutter.