CHAPTER TWELVE (The Second Encounter-Danger)

Jennie secretly glanced at Lisa as they rode the vehicle. It looks like the driver is racing because of the speed of the vehicle. Lisa and Jennie came back from the market and bought some meat and vegetables.

         Jennie has not talked to her since this morning. She just shook her head, nods, says "yes" and "no" to her questions.

          Jennie knew Lisa was worried about her. Although she have read on books that the first time a woman had done it would be painful, she has still not prepare herself for the strange sensations it caused that it's possible for pain and pleasure to mix ...

          Jennie tapped her forehead. 'What am I thinking?'

          She felt someone hold her arm. She held her breath as Lisa brought her mouth close to her ear. "You sure you're all right, Jennie?" she whispered to her.

          She only nodded in response. She did not attempt to look back. Maybe because their faces are close and...

          "Stop," Lisa said to the driver in an old voice. Just like what they do every time they go out of the house, they wear disguise.

          She frowned when she noticed where Lisa had stop. They are still far from the safe house. Astonished she looked at her. Lisa prompted her to get off. She followed her.

          The driver immediately pulled over after Lisa paid their fare. It left them in front of a sundry store.

          "Buy two cans of sardines," Lisa said softly.

          Jennie nodded and followed her. Soon she was carrying two cans of sardines in plastic. "What's next?"

          "Let me have that," she said in the plastic she was holding. Jennie handed it over to Lisa.

          When Lisa started walking, Jennie quietly followed. They were crossing the concrete bridge when Lisa let go of the plastic she was holding with the sardines in it so it slid down under the bridge.

           "Let me," she said as she went down to pick it up.

           "I'll do it. Stay here," Lisa stopped her.

           Jennie just shrugged.

           Lisa first looked around. With the exception of a few vehicles passing by, Lisa and Jennie were the only ones walking on the road at that time. When Lisa seemed certain that no one else could see them, she went down under the bridge.

           After a while she climbed up again. Jennie noticed that the plastic Lisa was holding earlier contained something else. Nor did the dark expression of Lisa's face escaped her. When she did not speak and instead they just waited for a ride, she could not bear to ask.

          "You took a letter under the bridge, right?"

          Lisa nodded.

          "Is that bad news? Why don't you just use a cell phone to make it easier?"

           Lisa looked at her intently before answering. "Cell phone signals can be tracked and intercepted easily. I keep one in and, but I never use it unless it's an emergency." then sighed before continuing. "As for your first question, yes, it's bad news. We need to transfer to another safe house. They're getting closer to us."

          "Who? The FBI or Jong-In?"

           "Both," Lisa said, her face getting darker and more serious.