Last Straw

"Fall asleeeeeeep..." She hit her head against her pillow, the screaming sun seeping through the blinds.

"Morning, let me tell you, you suck." She brought the pillow to her face once again and finally groaned, getting up from her small pink bed.

"Bleh...pink." Amity moved on over to her closet and picked out her school attire, scratching the back of her head while doing so. Pulling over her previous clothing and adding her new one, she went over to her mirror and grabbed her brush, brushing her hair slightly, the memories from last night still fresh in her mind.

"Huh. I'm a poet and I didn't know it. Neat." Amity chuckled, wrong memory.

She got up from her chair and her feet hit something cold, jumping up in pain and holding up her foot, she picked up the object.

A green bottle.

"Hm." She hummed, knocking her fist on it and then going over to the trash can and dumped the bottle in the trash, sighing afterwards. She walked on over to the corner of the room and put on her shoes, sighing while opening her door to her room, going out to the living room.

"Morning sis!" A voice rang behind her, when she turned around, she saw her sister, her hands behind her back with a forced smile. Amity could tell. She's been using those for years.

"Drop the act please. What do you want?"

Emira's smile faltered, she brought her left hand to her right arm, rubbing it slightly.

"Wanted to know if you were okay...you haven't been that good lately..."

Amity smiled.

"I'm fine now. You don't have to worry any longer. I'm away from my past thoughts, I'm...me again..."

"Amity-"

"Amity nothing. You're going to grow a lot of warts with all that worrying, c'mon, let's get going." Amity turned on her heel and put her hands behind her back, walking forward while her sister was left behind, starting at her younger sister.

"Okay..."