#8 Dreams and Routines

I sit on the edge of Natasha's bed, my hair done up on a towel. I feel...kind of ok. But also really tired. She's taking a shower now, but she promised "she'd be quick." 

Natasha and I never really discussed me staying in her room, I bet I could get my own room in this place if I wanted. But, I still don't know my way around and I kind of don't want to be alone. Also, Natasha is an assassin from what I've heard and so if anyone tries to break into the room to come take me back to the lab or whatever they wouldn't be able to sneak up on me.

Wanda gave me some of her shower gel and I really enjoyed it. It smells like decadent roses, like a witch's potion in the best of ways. I snoop around Natasha's room and find her book, some pictures of her and Clint, some more books...As I'm combing through her bookshelf I hear the water turn off so I sit back on the bed. She comes in to the main room, with her hair in a towel. She's wearing a tank top and leggings and she looks so calm. I just watch her. She goes to the closet and pulls extra blankets out, then she comes and sits next to me on the bed.

"It's been a long day." She says. I nod in agreement.

"If you want the bed I'll sleep in the chair." She says gently.

I shake my head. "It's your room, you take the bed."

"I insist."

"I curl up really small anyways, you take the bed."

Natasha chuckles. "You're not going to let this go?"

"Nope." I say. I get up and grab the blankets and climb into the chair. "Trust me, I'll be fine, this really beats sleeping on a cold cage floor!"

Natasha doesn't say anything as I make my nest with blankets and crawl into them. "You didn't have a bed?"

"No." I say quietly. Why did she get so quiet, did I do something wrong?

"There is no way I'm letting you sleep on that chair. You've really been missing out." Says Natasha.

"Ok but what will you do?" I ask her.

"I'll take the chair." Says Natasha.

We switch places.

I'm lying in bed for a little bit and she's reading a book with the lamp on.

"Why don't you come sleep with me up here?" I ask.

"You don't want that." Natasha looks up at me from her book. She's curled up in the chair, and it's a comfortable chair, but it's just not right for sleeping in. It's not a recliner, it's just a plushy chair.

"Why not?" I sit up and ask.

"I have nightmares." Says Natasha straightforwardly.

There's a pause.

"So do I." I say. "Do you move around in your sleep?"

"Not really, but I'll twitch and sometimes I wake up and I'll scream or something and I talk in my sleep." Natasha looks back down at her book.

"I do the same thing. I don't kick, Vulcan used to say that I mutter and I've done my share of waking up screaming." I say. There's a period of silence.

"So you want me to come up with you?" She asks.

"Yes please. Can you bring the blankets?" I ask, and she does. I scoot over to the side of the bed away from the door.

"You want that side?" She asks, handing me the blankets.

"Yes." I say. "The window worries me a little bit but I don't want to be close to the door."