#16 Chaos and Control

"Are you sure this is safe?" I ask apprehensively. I'm in a large building with a tall ceiling, the Avengers say it's one of the bigger training buildings. There is a metal dummy right in our line of vision.

"Yep. It's totally Katya proof." Says Steve.

"Hit the target." Says Wanda.

She releases a blast of red energy without batting an eye.

I follow the blast with my eyes and it smacks right into the metal target's head and leaves a small scorch mark.

"Nice." I say.

"Try." Says Wanda.

Looking at her, I stick my hand out and fire a bolt of purple energy. It hits the dummy in the chest and throws it backwards.

"Like that?" I ask, not batting an eye.

"You're cocky." Says Steve.

"That was the easy part." Smiles Wanda.

Wanda is standing up with me and Steve is standing off to the side with Natasha, watching us from afar. They've been so patient with me since I panicked and tried to run. I know Natasha badly wants to see Clint and his family but instead she's stayed here with me. Tony has gone home, Rhodes is in another state on a mission and he'll be gone for awhile. So all that's left is me, Vision, Sam, and the three in the room with me now.

Wanda raises the dummy back up from afar.

"Hit it again." She says.

She blasts a second time, this time aiming for the chest and, producing a similar effect as I had earlier.

Puzzled, I throw another burst of energy at the dummy, knocking it not quite as far.

Shoot, I'm already getting tired.

Wanda and Steve exchange a glance and Wanda nods.

"If this were a battle..." Steve walks over followed closely by Natasha, "and that dummy was a real robot or person and they were advancing towards you, you've knocked them down good. But when they got back up, you would've been in trouble because you used a large portion of your stamina the first time."

"I could do this all day." I say.

"Prove it then." Says Natasha.

I gather up my energy and throw it at the dummy, which flies into the wall.

I stand, panting, feeling drained. My knees feel weak.

"Pick it up." Says Wanda.

I right myself and try to pick up the dummy but I drop it. Frustrated, I try again to no avail. I try a third time, but I fling it across the room when I can't get it to stand up.

"Easy." Says Wanda.

She waves her hand and lifts the dummy up.

"You will gain more stamina in time." She says.

I yawn.

"Hmm." Natasha walks over to a bag and rustles around.

I feel my eyelids getting heavy.

No, no, no, not now! We've just started!

My eyes begin to close and my head droops, I snap myself out of the tiredness to see Natasha standing in front of me with a muffin.

"Eat." She says.

"I'm not..." I start and my stomach grumbles.

"I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but when I get tired, if I eat I'll be ready to go again." Says Wanda.