#15 Cars and Confusion

I was having a bad morning. All I wanted to do was hide in bed and not talk to anyone. It didn't help that the night before I'd had a nightmare about Vulcan and my big fight and the punishments I got for not finishing that little boy off and disobeying my orders.

I wake up in a cold sweat at some point, Natasha is asleep and I don't want to wake her up so I spent the rest of the night restlessly.

Finally, the dawn breaks and I get out of bed. I look at the small suitcase of things I now have, and the purple necklace sitting on top of the dresser. Fear and anxiety fill my mind.

I don't want to go. I don't want to hurt anyone.

This will be good for me, it won't even be that bad. On a farm there's no machines as they say.

I watch the sunrise from the glass windows and sigh. I'm exhausted and scared. I don't want to be around these people. I'm just going through the motions, I'll do what they tell me to do and hope for the best.

"You know what they say, the early bird gets the worm." I whip around to see Wanda approaching.

"You scared me." I say. I feel her trying to probe into my mind so I lock her out, I block her from reading my thoughts. I see her frown, only slightly, before she rids her face of emotion.

"I have the tendency to do that...what's wrong?" Wanda asks. She seems to know something is up.

"I don't know, I'm just not feeling good today." I say, rubbing the side of my arm with my hand.

"You're nervous." Says Wanda.

"Yes." I say. I look outside, I don't want to make eye contact with her.

"Do you think you're still okay to go?" Wanda Asks.

"Yes." I lie. I focus really hard to make my thoughts cloudy.

I don't know if it works or not, maybe she can tell I'm lying just by the way I'm clouding my thoughts. She knows I'm hiding something.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yes." I lie again. "It's what Vulcan would want me to do, he'd want me to be strong and try all the thing he'll never get to."

"But Vulcan isn't here, and you are." Says Wanda. "You need to listen to your thoughts, your emotions, and go based off of that."

"I'm fine." I say, snapping at the Witch and storming off.

I quickly walk back to the room, where Natasha is surprisingly still asleep. I step in the doorway and I hear her ask. "Katya is that you?" Well, now she's awake.

"Yes." I respond quickly.

She's got one eye open, she's shaking a little, I can tell she's fighting every instinct to adopt a fighting stance or grab her gun. She's probably not used to people going in and out of her room. She decided to trust.

She sits up and yawns, scanning the surroundings. "What time is it?" She asks.

"It's early." I say. I sit on the bed next to her.

It's squishy and soft. I do love her bed.

"We have a big day ahead of us today, are you excited?" She asks softly, in her husky voice.

"Yes." I lie.

"We're going to get moving soon." She says. She puts a hand on top of mine and I pull away.

"Let's go eat." She walks around the room looking for clothes to change into.

"I'm not hungry." I say.