#20 You and I

Natasha and I don't get much sleep throughout the night. I wake up feeling absolutely exhausted. I just want to go back to sleep even though I know daylight is filtering through so I roll closer to the side of the bed Natasha was sleeping on. I don't feel her. I open my eyes and sit up. Maybe she's in the bathroom?

I look around and notice some of the dresser drawers are open. Oh no. The events of last night creep back into my mind. It's hard to discern what is a dream and what is a reality but I'm pretty sure Natasha woke me up last night while she was dreaming and proceeded to talk about a bunch of stuff I didn't know about. A bunch of stuff from years ago.

I throw on some clothes and quickly make my way down the hallway. I peek in Clint's room, as the door is slightly open, but no one is in there. I dash out to the living room and the kitchen area and stop in my tracks when I see Natasha, Clint, and Laura all sitting around having coffee and talking. Nathaniel is in a little basket thing that is moving back and forth.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Morning solnyshko." Small sun. Says Natasha.

"Good morning, did you sleep okay?" Asks Laura.

I look to Natasha and then to Laura and then to Clint.

"What?" He asks.

"You were weird last night." I tell Natasha.

"What? Come here!" Says Clint. I walk over to him and he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Did I do something last night?" Natasha's eyes become wide.

"I didn't attack you or anything...? Did I?" Natasha's face pales and her eyes grow wide

"No. No!" I quickly shake my hands. "You were just talking about weird stuff, you woke up on the middle of the night saying that someone had Clint and you kept talking a lot this guy with a flag or something and then you said you got scrambled and we're asking me all these things like if I knew who Sam was and what Sekovia was..."

"A flag?" Asks Natasha.

"Banner?" Laura looks at me inquisitively.

"Banner!" Natasha and Clint say at the same time.

"Yeah that was it." I nod.

"Did I ask about the Battle of New York?" Natasha asks softly.

"I think so." I say.

"Bullseye, that's what it is." Clint squeezes my shoulder.

"Sorry if I scared you, Katya. When I was back in Russia they messed with my head and my memories. They tried to put fake memories in and 'fabricate' me as a person. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell what is real and what is not real." Natasha comes up to me and pulls me into her embrace.

"I know the feeling." I relax. She's okay.

"Natasha." I step back.

"Yes?"

"Who is Banner. You kept mentioning him last night and telling him not to change." I say.

"Banner was...no, is...a friend of ours." Natasha looks sad.

"After Sekovia, Banner ran off with one of the Quinjets and turned off the tracking. We've been trying to find him." Says Clint.

"Why would be do that?"

"He was trying to disappear." Says Natasha.

Laura just sips at her coffee and watches.

"Banner was much stronger than the rest of us. He was very intelligent but his 'superpower' is to turn into the jolly green giant's destructive twin, the Hulk. He had little to no control over his powers and it was hard for him to snap out of them. He destroyed a bunch of buildings in Europe when we were trying to get Banner to come out and Hulk to go away." Says Clint.