Chapter 33

Jax

I stare my father down, the king's mafia, now mine, standing at my back. I caught him as he was coming back in the house, making sure to look down at him from the steps. He may think he's the man in charge, but things are changing. Damien stands to my right, a wicked glem in his eyes. If I fail at beating my father today, he'll finish him off. "What is this about boy?" He demands, his two guards standing on either side of him. He was a fool not bringing back up. Or at least not enough of it.

The corner of my mouth lifts slightly. "Don't be coy father, you know exactly what this is. It's the ending to your story." Sophia would die laughing right now if she heard me say that. Even I can admit it was corny. My mind drifts to her for a second, did she enjoy the room I picked out for her? I was hoping to visit her after all this is over and break the bed in. After she protest the inevitable of course, like she always does. It's amusing to watch her fight get attraction to me, while at the same time her panties get damp.

He laughs, slapping the shoulder of the guard on his right. "You got your little group of followers and suddenly you think you can challenge me?"

I don't respond, just cock my head. If he wants to treat this like a joke that's on him. It's his life on the line, not mine. I hold out my, Damien pass me gauze to wrap them with. "I don't have all day father. But I'll be sure to schedule a mourning session after your death." That gets a rise out of him.

He snarls, taking a step forward. "Back out now son before it's too late, and maybe your punishment won't be severe." I shake out my hands, bouncing from side to side. Letting him know the last thing on my mind is backing down. He stares hard at me, finally coming to his senses. I wasn't joking. "Very well. Ronald, get me some gauze." I wait for his guard to come back, rolling the tension out of my body.

Once his hands are secured, I make my way down the steps. Slipping out of my suit jacket, I toss it to the side. "I take it I don't need to read you the rules." There's only two rules when fighting for top dog. It's to the death, unless the person winning decides otherwise. But today, it'll be to the death for me. I'm smart enough to know letting him live after embarrassing and defeating him will later bite me in the ass.

He squares his shoulders, getting into a fighting stance. "I wasn't born yesterday boy."

Rolling my sleeves I smirk. "Then let us begin." He rushes me head on, ramming his head into my lower stomach, arms going around me. I'd be a fool to underestimate his fighting schools because of his age, I know he's not going to take it easy on me. And I'm going to return the favor.

I let him knock me to the ground, taking a few punches to the face. It's no fun if your opponent doesn't get any hits. I hiss when one particular punch catches me underneath my right eye. Snarling, I throw my fist into his cheek, easily knocking him off. He falls on the side of me and I punch him again before he has time to recover. Jumping to my feet, I circle him with my guards up. "Is that all you got?"

Two hours later...

I lean back in my new chair, watching the men once loyal to my father clean the desk out. "Are you sure you want to throw away everything sir?"

Damian snorts to my left, where he's leaning by the window. "Is that not what he ordered? Question him again and you'll be next to die at his hands." I nod my head in agreement. No need to waste my breath on these men.

They continuing clearing everything out with no more interruptions. Unfortunately, my mother chooses that moment to come in, eyes puffy from crying. It's all just a show of course, as his wife she's expected to mourn for at least two months. Out of respect, even if he doesn't deserve it. "Leave us." I order the men, they quickly start to pack up and exit.

Once the last person is gone and the door is closed, my mother drops the act. "I can't believe I have to do this for two whole months." She complains, dropping in the chair across from me.

Both Damien and I laugh. "You know no one is forcing you, right?" I ask, playing with my wedding band. Just a few more things to wrap up then I can go to my fire cracker.

My mother notices the action and beams. "Where is that wife of yours?" My mother was one of the few guests at the wedding. We decided to not mention that the engagement was originally fake, no reason to bring up the past.

"I placed her somewhere safe in case I lost. She would've been the first person my father would go after." I had no doubts that I would win, but only a fool wouldn't make sure the closes person to him isn't safe.

My phone buzz on the desk, Aly, Sophia's weird friend. Usually I wouldn't answer, but since she works for me it could be business related. "Hello?"
Hysterical sobbing answers me. "Aly?" More sobs. "Aly what the hell are you crying about?" Did something happen at work? What could be setting her off?

"She's gone!" A sense of foreboding hits me. There's only one she she'll be referring to. My hands clench into fist.

"Who's gone?" I need her to confirm it, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

"I was supposed to meet her at the hotel, and when I came to her room." She hiccups, starting to sob again.

"Aly! Tell me what happened." My patience is starting to run thin. If my girl is in trouble I need to know right now.

"There's men dead outside of her door! And she's not here!" No. This can't be happening. My worst fear is playing out. The enemy has her.

"Dammit!" Without thinking I toss the phone. My body filling with rage. A snarl leaves me, I knock everything off the desk.

"What's going on?" My mom ask in alarm. But I'm too pissed to answer her.

"Dude, calm down. What's the problem?" Taking deep breaths I try to cool my anger. My wife needs me right now. Needs me to save her from wherever poor bastard has her.

"They have her."

"How? She was in a hideout."

"Bring me every one of my father's men. I'll find out how."