Chapter 6

I followed him through the club trying not to spill my drink as wild dancers continuously bumped into me. After the fourth time I lost my temper and shoved the guy that jammed his elbow into my side. "Watch what you're doing!" I yelled to his back.

He turned around glaring at me. "Shut up slut." He went back to dancing with his partner giving his back to me.

I gaped at him. How dare he? I balled my fist up intending to sock him in the back of his head, when strong hands wrapped around my midsection lifting me up. Dragging me away from the guy. I grumbled as the bodyguard guy manhandled me to a flight of stairs. "You think you can walk up the steps without causing anymore problems?" He glared down at me.

For ten tense seconds I debated on throwing the rest of my drink in his face. After much calculation I realized the odds of beating him weren't in my favor if he were to retaliate. So I settled for my most fiercest glare. "Just take me to your boss." He walked ahead of me mumbling something about not getting paid to babysit. I wonder who pissed in his cheerios today.

At the top of the stairs was a short hallway with four doors. I looked at my drink frowning at the corner of fruity delight I had left. I was so focused on my drink I hadn't realized the bodyguard stopped at the third door, making me crash into his back. The glass slipped out of my hand, and that was the end of my drink. "Oh come on!" He pushed the door open and not so gently shoved me in, slamming the door behind me. "Jerk."

"And why is Bentley a jerk?" my eyes settled on Jax as he casually lounged on a purple sofa, drink in his hand. I noticed a bar to the left of the room. Lucky bastard has his own bar. There were two other people in the room on the opposite couch to the right. A blonde female I didn't know and a guy that looked fam-

"Trojan girl!" My face flushed realizing it was the guy that caught me ease dropping that day at the office. I awkwardly waved at him, going to take a seat next to Jax. "You're looking good tonight, did you dress up for Jax?" He commented once I was seated.

I rolled my eyes at his assumption. Dress up for Jax? What an absurd thought. "As if." I waved him off.

He gave a loud belly laugh, the woman next to him frowned at me. Like it was a crime to make him laugh. "I knew there was a reason I liked you." He held his drink up to me in a sort of toast.

"And here I thought I was special." Jax watched me from the corner of his eyes, a slight smirk on his lips. I had to remember he was still my boss, so I bit my tongue holding back my next comment.

"I'm Damian, the better looking Albergo." Albergo? Wait this was Jax's brother? I studied him some more finally spotting some resemblance that I didn't notice before. It wasn't much but there was definitely some there. Like their perfect high cheekbones, and the slightly thick eyebrows. Wow.

"Only in your dreams." Jax took a sip of his drink. I suddenly felt the loss of mine again. I must've been staring at his drink with a sad longing look on my face, cause next thing I know he's holding the glass to me. "You want some?" He winked at me. There was a sort of challenge in his eyes, like he knew I wouldn't accept the drink from him.

Normally I wouldn't drink after strangers, but I'm a very competitive person and never turn down a challenge. I smiled at him as I took the drink from his outstretched hand. "I thought you'd never ask." I tipped the glass up to my mouth trying not to flinch as the liquor burned its way down my throat. The hell did I just drink?

Jax cleared his throat next to me. I looked over to see him trying to hold in a laugh. "You know, some would say we just shared a kiss." He winked at me. My face turned beet red, making him break his composure laughing loudly. Who was this guy? Apparently office Jax and club Jax were two completely different people. Club Jax clearly got a kick out of making me blush.