Chapter 8

Before Jax could make it to the table I grabbed a hold of his arm, pulling him to the side. "You said your plans got canceled." I hissed at him.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Guess I lied again." He took another look at me. "Did you think this was a date?" The blush on my face gave him my answer, he laughed. Curse Aly for putting these thoughts in my head, of course he wouldn't want to go on a date with me.

"No, I just thought you were a lonely bastard that wanted attention." I pushed pass him heading to the table.

"I was wondering how long you two were going to hide over there flirting." Damian commented as I pulled out the chair next to him. No way was I planning to sit next to Cindy after our last encounter. She'd probably add special seasoning to my food while I wasn't looking.

I picked up the menu avoiding eye contact with Jax. "There was no flirting going on."

"No matter how much she wanted me to." I peeked over my menu to see him smirking at me. Ugh he's such a jerk.

Damian laughed. "Could've fooled me."

Cindy glared at him. "He said they weren't." I could be wrong, but I'm starting to think she's not with the brother that she really wants to be with.

Jax smiled over at her. "Thank you dear." Dear? Who even says that besides fifty-year old's? That didn't matter though, Cindy beamed at the attention.

"Did you ever get that paper work done for dad?" I tuned out the conversation as I looked over the menu. Just my luck this is a French restaurant. Why couldn't they have met up at McDonald's? At lease then I'd know what to order. I couldn't read anything on this menu and there were no pictures. Trying to be as subtle as possible, I kicked Damian under the table. "Ow what the hell? You trying to play footsie with me?" I blushed beet red when Jax turned his attention to me.

Taking a page from his book I cleared my throat. "I just wanted to know what you were planning to order."

"You couldn't have just asked without trying to dislocate my leg?" I glared at him. "I'm getting the oeufs et biscuit." He answered, dramatically rubbing his leg.

I wasn't sure what the other words he said meant but I think I heard biscuit. Problem is I don't like biscuits, great. "I'll order for you." My eyes connected with Jax as he reached over to grab my menu out of my hand. "Don't you stress your little mind."

I scoffed. "As if I would trust you to order for me. I might end up with sunny side octopus." I reached over to snatch my menu back, but he held on tight. "What is your issue?"

"It pains me to know you don't trust me after all we've been through." He finally released the menu frowning at me.

"All we been through? You mean me being your personal slave for a week?"

He shrugged. "Do you complain when you get paid?" He had a point there. I may not like working with him, but he paid me handsomely. I lost this argument, I snatched the menu up sitting back down.

Damian laughed next to me. A female waitress walked up to our table, her name tag read Beth. "Hi, my names Beth and I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with some drinks?" I couldn't help but noticed that she seemed to be addressing just Damian and Jax. Cindy and I might as well have not existed. Not that I care if she ignores Cindy.

Jax was about to answer when I cut him off. "Hi yes I'd like some orange juice, but make sure its freshly squeezed, none of that bottled junk. It messes with my lipo." I smiled sweetly at her. I reached over placing a hand on Damian's chest. "Honey do you mind ordering for us?" I flirted, trailing a finger down his chest.

He looked like he was trying to hold in a laugh. "Yes, I'll have the oeufs et biscuit, and for the lady a strawberry crepe." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me in closer. "Got to keep the wife happy you know?" He beamed at her.

She rolled her eyes at our actions turning all her attention to Jax and Cindy. "And for you two?" They placed their orders while I smacked Damian's creeping hand from my thigh. I tried getting out of his grasp, but he tightened his hold smirking down at me. Giving him my sweetest smile I balled up my fist, punching him in the stomach. He winched letting go of me. I sat up straight catching Jax eye.

"What was that all about?" He glared at the two of us as the waitress walked away. I didn't even hear what he ordered. Was It just me or did he seem a little angry?

"What's the problem brother? Jealous she likes me more?" Damian smirked at him. He leaned over placing a kiss on my cheek. I glared at him. The joke was over, he could stop now.

"From the look on her face it  doesn't seem she likes you at all." He laughed.

Damian frowned at me, shaking his head. "It's ok for me to play along for you, but you won't play along for me? All you women do is take, never give." He pouted. I laughed at the expression on his face.

"I'm sorry but I would like to keep my job, so I have to pretend to like him more." I gave him a sympathy pat on the head.

After that eventful breakfast we said our goodbyes, we stayed longer than we should have making us late for work.

"I'll be sure to note that you were late today." He commented as we both got on the elevator.

I stared at him dumbstruck. "It's your fault I'm late!"

He shook his head at me, leaning against the elevator wall. "I don't tolerate excuses Ms.Deblanco." Is he serious right now?

"You know damn well its not an excuse." I glared at him. The elevator dinged indicating we made it to our floor.

The door opened and I followed him out. "Language Ms.Deblanco, profanity is also not tolerated. Now why don't you head to your office and make up for all the time you've wasted already." I balled my hand into a fist. You ever seen the arthur meme that everyone used to share? My first time seeing it Aly sent it to me after I told her I wouldn't buy her any groceries. That was currently my mood right now, the arthur meme. I wanted to sock him in the back of his head as he cockily walked down the hall. I settled for stomping my foot instead.

I walked into my office closing the door with more force than necessary. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." I jumped, not expecting to see Aly waiting at my desk. "Care to explain why you're late?"

"That jerk dragged me to breakfast with his brother." I sat in the extra chair glaring at the floor.

She got up walking around my desk to lean against it. Jt reminded me of the first time I met Jax. "And that has you upset why? You got free food and spent the whole morning with the two hottest guys I know. I'm failing to see the problem here."

I sighed getting up to sit behind my desk. I turned on my computer signing into the Pear Inc, network. "it's what happened after breakfast that has me upset. He pointed out that I was late and when I informed him that it was his fault, he accused me of making excuses!"

She laughed. "No way he did that! You got to be joking."

I glared at her. "Does this look like a joking face to you?"

She checked her watch trying to control her laughter. "Well I have to go, I just stopped by to tell you movie night at my place tonight." She grabbed her bag off my desk heading to the door. "Don't be late!"

I went over the new list of names frowning. Every week he'd send a list of our most valued customers to send them special gifts and offers. Only this was the same list as last week, did he forget to send the new one? Great now I'll have to go down to his office.