Chapter 10

"Gentleman, meet my fiancé Sophia."

My world stopped as he uttered those words. Fiancé? Since when? I opened my mouth to question him, but the look on his face told me to keep my mouth shut.

"Your fiancé? You're saying that you're engaged and no one knew about it?" One of the guys asked. It was obvious he was skeptical, as Cindy mentioned I clearly wasn't his preferred type.

"That's exactly what I'm saying, it only happened forty eight hours ago. I wanted to give her time to adjust before meeting my family." The amount of sincere on his face almost made me believe him, even when I knew he was lying.

The guy looked over at me, judging me with his expensive suit and dumb hair. "Then I guess you don't mind bringing her to meet your father?"

His facade almost cracked, but he held it together. I was impressed, and also confused. What was so bad about meeting his father? Besides all this being a total lie I don't see what's the big deal. I'm actually pretty good at meeting and dealing with parents. Just ask all my past boyfriends, seems their parents liked me more than them. "I was just about to arrange that, before you showed up uninvited and unannounced."

Both guys stood up at the exact same time. If I didn't know any better I'd say they were robots. "Very well then," one guy spoke."We'll see you at dinner." I watched as they both left the office.

The moment the door closed behind them I faced Jax. He was back sitting at his desk, looking over paper work like nothing happened. "Hello? Shouldn't we talk about what just happened?"

He straightened his papers before looking up at me. "What just happened?"

I stared at him flabbergasted. Was he really going to play dumb? "The complete lie you just told those robot guys!"

He smirked slightly."Robot guys?"

"I'm not pretending to be your fiancé." I crossed my arms glaring at him.

"You're speaking as if you have a choice." He raised an eyebrow at me.

I scoffed. "Because I do have a choice, and I choose not to go along with your lie."

"Do you like working here Ms.Deblanco? The pay really helps with rent no?" He suddenly asked me. I started at him in disbelief, was he really going to try and black mail me? "I'll take your silence as a yes."

I blinked."What does my job have to do with anything?"

He went back to working on his papers. "I'm just saying, it'd be a shame if you suddenly lost this job. A once in a lifetime opportunity, just gone down the drain from one petty mistake."

I could feel the anger boiling in my veins. " A petty mistake? How is pretending to be the wife to the devil a petty mistake?"

He sighed."You wound me with your words."

"This isn't a joke!"

"Relax yourself Ms.Deblanco, you'll get wrinkles. Now why don't you go fetch us some coffee? We have much to discuss about you playing your role as my wife." Ugh I hate him. I stomped from his office slamming the door on my way out. I never agreed to be his pretend wife, what do I get out of this? Nothing. I should demand a raise.

"Everything OK honey?" I  looked over as Elizabeth addressed me. Since when does she care about my well being? She's probably just trying to find the next best piece of gossip.

"Just peachy.". I glared at the floor on my way to my office. I was surprised to see two coffee cups on my desk, with a note attached to it.
I figured Mr.Sexy was going to want a coffee sometime today so I took the liberty of getting it for you. Love Aly.
Aly is truly an angel sent from heaven, I didn't deserve her.

For a split second I debated on adding my DNA to his drink. Fortunately for him that's the most disgusting thing ever and I couldn't do it. I  snatched up both drinks, still warm. I didn't even care if she ordered his drink right or not, he'll take whatever I give him. I made it to his door when it finally occurred to me that I'd need a little assistance getting it open. Great now I have to talk to the wicked witch of secretaries. "Elizabeth, would you mind getting the door for me?" I put as much sweetness as possible in my voice. She sighed heavily as she got up from her desk to come around and open the door. "Thank you."

"Whatever." She let the door slam behind me.

"I see you and Elizabeth are finally getting along." My response was to glare at him. I walked up to his desk carefully placing the coffee down, even though I really wanted to slam it. I took a seat in the chair across from him and waited for him to start explaining. He picked up his drink taking a sip, watching me over the rim. "You wouldn't be my first choice to pick as my fake wife if it makes you feel any better. I'm just as upset as you." Jerk.

"Then why don't you go hire somebody else? " I doubt any sane woman would actually want to marry this Jerk.

"Those guys you saw? They work for my father. I can not simply bring another woman to dinner after they've seen your face."

I shrugged. "Not my problem."

"Anyways, as my wife I except no back talking around my family." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"So you except me to be a good little girl and keep my mouth shut? Got it." I'll make sure to do the opposite of everything he tells me.

He studied me, like he knew what I was thinking. "I'm telling you this for your own good Ms.Deblanco. Talking back is a means of disrespect where I come from. Something my family doesn't tolerate." His family was starting to sound more like drill Sargents.

"Fine, no back talking. Got it." I gave him a thumbs up.

"Always stay by my side, no matter where I go. Don't speak to anyone unless I tell you too." He told me sternly.

"Why so many rules just to have dinner with your family?" I was going to dinner not visiting a jail.

"Family means more than blood related where I come from. Meaning there will be more than just my immediate family there. " He explained.

"Wait so I'm going to be dining with even more people I don't know? How many are we talking exactly?" I was starting to get nervous about this dinner. I was already pretending to be his fake wife. What if they were to find out? What would they do to me?

He looked thoughtful for a minute. "I'd say roughly twenty five."

I jumped up from my chair. "Twenty five people? Are you kidding me! I can't do this, count me out.".

He stood up as well, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Relax, I wouldn't have dragged you into this if I didn't think you could do it." His words relaxed my panicking a little, but not much. I wish I could talk to Aly about this. Maybe he wouldn't mind if I just told one person?

"Ok." I took deep breaths to calm myself, before sitting back down.

"Great, last thing I'll need to take you shopping."

"What? Why?"

He gave me a look indicating I should already know this answer. Was he saying I dressed bad or something? "You can't just play my wife. You have to look the part. After work we'll go shopping."

"We?"

He nodded. "Yes, you and I."

Him and I? He was planning to go shopping with me? I've never seen him do anything for himself yet he was going to take me shopping? This should be good.