Chapter 94

Several children were squatting, talking and laughing, busy, and most of the summer vacation passed in the blink of an eye. As the weather turns cooler, the happy summer life is about to end. 

    At this time, the school started early, and the village and township elementary schools opened in August approaching the end of August. County schools can’t wait until September, and most of them start at the end of August. 

    On this day, Wu Ge, Qin Rong and Xiao Qiu Xiaoxia went to the field to dig two large baskets of vegetables and came back. They came in to wash their hands and prepare to eat, but a pair of yellow-faced and thin, ragged father and daughter came to the door, the black-faced man squatting. The body, holding a bowl toward the yard against the fence gate: "Auntie, good, there is the remaining sticky porridge and dry food, give it a bite... My hometown has sent a lot of water, and the child has not eaten for more than a day. 

    To be ..." To be honest, Xiao Qiu had seen begging begging in his previous life, and when his living conditions improved, the begging would gradually disappear. Later, beggars suddenly became a common'view' in the bustling areas of major cities, with various physical disabilities and miserable family backgrounds... But no one asked for food anymore, all they wanted was banknotes. 

    After many years, Xiao Qiu saw this kind of beggar again, and felt that it was a bit unreal for a while. 

    After all, Wu Ge and Qin Rong lived in the countryside for a short period of time. This is the first time I have seen someone who has come to beg for food. Look at the skinny, unkempt, and rags look in front of you... visual impact Too strong, I was stunned for a while, but couldn't react. 

    It was Song Xiulian who was kind, sighed, and greeted Xiao Qiu: "Qiu, go and take his bowl, serve them a bowl, and give them a paper." 

    These people are really begging, just as they said. , I was very satisfied with the leftovers. I accidentally got a bowl of rice porridge and a whole dihe noodle roll. In the roll, Xiaoqiu also sandwiched two slices of pickles... The father and daughter are really overjoyed, that man He even bent over and thanked him, and then took the girl and knocked her head. Then, he took the porridge and the papers and didn't go far, so he turned around and sat outside the fence of Xiaoqiu's house and started to eat.

    Xiao Qiu watched over the fence as the child took two big mouthfuls of the paper and swallowed it down forcefully, but she couldn't swallow it. She hurriedly went to get a bowl and poured half a bowl of water over it: "You are hungry. Don’t rush to eat the dry food, dry the rice porridge and drink a few mouthfuls, and then eat the dry food.” 

    The child’s hair was dirty and stained with grass clippings. , Covering most of his face. 

    When Xiao Qiu handed over the water, the child suddenly raised his eyes and looked over. There was a pair of extremely black and extremely bright big eyes-for an instant, Xiao Qiu remembered the'big eyes' in a famous publicity photo. . 

    She froze for a moment, and then recovered. The child had already taken the bowl again, and began to gobble up water. 

    The father and daughter were just the beginning, and then another beggar came to the door and leaned in to beg for food. These people are men and women, old and young, but without exception, tired, thin, dirty and broken... The 

    weather is getting cooler, and the summer vacation is finally over. Others have not changed, but the number of strangers begging for food has increased. Without reduction, even the father and daughter pair appeared in the village again at the beginning. 

    Gradually, there was a more unified view in the village. These people had fled from neighboring provinces. There was a flood in their hometown, which flooded several counties, and many people died... these people who fled, People in almost every family died in the water. 

    Soon, the people in the team who took care of the crops returned news that more and more pods, corn, potatoes and sweet potatoes in the field were being stolen. Moreover, the target of the theft was very clear: the refugees who wandered around the village. 

    Four or five days before school started, a bell rang in the village early in the morning, and men and laborers from various households put down their work, walked out of the house, and gathered at the brigade headquarters. 

    After a short meeting, the villagers returned home with anger. But it turned out that the night before yesterday, the militia who was responsible for protecting the crops had a head-on conflict with the refugees. One of the militiamen was beaten by the refugees, and most of the peanuts were removed...

    In this meeting, the brigade discussed the countermeasures, and then notified the villagers. From this day on, the young and strong laborers in the village organized and went to the fields in shifts to see the crops. The crops that had been planted for half a year were about to be harvested, but they were stolen and ruined. The villagers naturally refused to agree. Because these foods are also food rations for them and the elderly and children. Without this food, people in the village will also go hungry, and even go out of the house to beg for food. 

    It's about whether you can get a full stomach, and even whether you can survive. The contradiction is clear, and it will become more and more acute and irreconcilable. 

    Those people came to the village to beg, but they couldn't ask for food. Many people even scold them away, and some even let dogs go... 

    Two days before the end of the summer vacation, Wang Liqun went to the commune to hold a meeting and came back, and conveyed to the village with a look of joy that the county and commune had already learned about the refugees. In the event of a disaster, militia forces will soon be organized to expel these displaced persons who have caused disasters and allow the people to live and work in peace and contentment. 

    Everyone raised their hands to celebrate and rushed to tell each other. They all discussed and looked forward to the arrival of the militia as soon as possible to drive away the refugees who stole food and beat people, and gave them a peaceful and stable day. 

    On that night, the militia came. Xiao Qiu, a child, was unable to participate in this "struggle". She was only awakened by the barking of the dogs in the village, and then listened to the shouts from far and near, hurriedly. Footsteps... I lay down for most of the night, staring. 

    The next morning, Wang Limin dragged his exhausted steps back home. Wang Limin, who had always been optimistic, returned home that day without a slight smile on his face... After 

    breakfast, Xiao Qiu learned from his third brother Chenghe’s mouth. What happened at night: The militiamen launched an operation the night before. The refugees rushed into the cornfield in a panic, and a man with a child slipped into the canal... 

    Only after Cheng He realized his sister The little girl might be scared, and quickly explained: "Well, the adult fell in, and the child was okay and was taken away by the militia.... The adult, even if it falls into the water, nothing will happen. The canal looks wide at the water, but it's not deep. I can go back and forth several times!"

    Xiao Qiu knew that the third brother was kindly comforting, she smiled and shook her head, saying that she was fine. But my heart couldn't help feeling bitter. The third brother Chenghe himself was not convincing to give an example. His water quality was very good, let alone the same age, most of the adults were not as good as him. What's more, whether that person fell into the water in a panic, or in unfamiliar waters, is incomparable with the third brother who is relaxed and familiar with the underwater situation.