Chapter 1

February 4, 1975 AD. in the Jiayin year of the lunar calendar, the Wuyin month is Xinsi day, the 24th day of the twelfth lunar month the beginning of spring.

At 19:36, a magnitude 73 earthquake occurred near Haicheng and Yingkou, Liaoning. In this earthquake, the Nenjiang River and Mudanjiang River in Heilongjiang Province in the north, Suqian River in Jiangsu Province in the south, Wuyuan Town in Inner Mongolia and Xi'an City in Shaanxi Province in the west. The east line crossed the border line to the border of North Korea, with a felt radius of 1,000 kilometers.

As the Huibei region of S Province, which is close to the Bohai Bay and separated from Liaoning by the Bohai Bay, the earthquake was so strong that the local adobe houses could not bear it, cracking and collapsing countless.

On the morning of the twenty-fifth of the twelfth lunar month, the sky was not bright, the wind was bitterly cold, and the snow flakes.

On the small square of Taiping Town Health Center, a dozen tents were erected by mistake, and two high-hanging street lamps were still on, glowing pale. Amidst the cold and vastness, only the steaming heat at the entrance of the cafeteria added some anger to this cold morning after the disaster.

Eight-year-old Xiao Qiu tilted her body on tiptoe and looked at the front of the team. There were three or four people in front of her, and she was almost in line.

In order to give a sick meal to the premature mother, she has been standing in line for more than half an hour in the cold wind of the twelfth lunar month, and her cheeks are red and purple with cold. The hands and feet still feel pain at first, but now they are all frozen, and I have no feeling at all.

When she turned back with a bowl of corn batter and two nests, Aunt Yuhua from Grandma Wang's house, who lived in the same tent with her mother, hurried up to greet her, took the bowl in her hand, and stuffed a pot in her hand. The infusion bottle filled with hot water was in her hand: "Hey, Xiao Qiu come in soon, is it frozen out? Hurry up and hold this to cover..."

Grandma Wang came to the hospital for appendicitis and had an operation the day before. , I just caught up with the earthquake and couldn't go home, so I could only live in a tent ward with Xiao Qiuniang who was born prematurely.

Xiao Qiu felt warm, smiled and thanked, holding the bottle to Grandma Wang, and stuffing the bottle into Grandma Wang's bed.

Grandma Wang said: "Your aunt asked you to warm your hands..." Xiao Qiu grinned and said, "I hopped twice to warm it up

. Hold this bottle a little bit. You have to use it to warm your hands when you sling water for a while!" Grandma Wang admired and exclaimed, staring at Xiao Qiu's face. She quickly reminded her daughter-in-law of her frostbite: "Yuhua, I think this child's face is frozen. Don't take advantage of this while rubbing it to pull out the cold. It really rots into sores, but you have to sit on the ground! Little! The girl's face is the most important thing, leaving scars can ruin such a handsome child...or else, go to the door to dig some snow..."

Aunt Yuhua was ready to go out to dig snow, but was caught Xiao Qiu stopped: "Auntie, don't worry, I'll tell my mother to eat first...I'll go by myself later!"

Grandma Wang smiled appreciatively, and praised: "It's rare for such a young kid to be so sensible... ..." While

speaking, the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law cast their eyes to each other, and they both saw some sighs in each other's eyes: This little girl is only eight years old, but she is so sensible, she is still a strong woman... With melon temperament, how could such a strong child be born!