Chapter 5

Miguel's POV (still)

After I convinced (Y/N) to join, I had to head home for dinner. My mom was cooking while Yaya was watching tv on the couch.

All night while we ate our dinner, I couldn't get my mind off of the fact that I, Miguel Diaz, was going to be a badass karate guy. Who knows maybe I'll get a mohawk and tattoos? Nah. Too extra for me. (Foreshadowing 😉)

I went to bed with karate still on my mind. My excitement showed in my dreams. There was a guy two times my size, right in front of me, trying to rob an old lady.

I walked up to him and *bop* *bop* he was on the ground. Dead as a baked bean. The whole town threw a party for me. I was a hero.

Time skip

I woke up the next morning with a piece of paper in my door from "Johnny Thee Sensei" it had the address I needed to meet him at. I hadn't told him I was bringing (Y/N) yet, but I'm sure he'll be happy it isn't just me. I got on the most athletic clothes I owned, a blue LA Dodgers shirt, and some basic orange basketball shorts.

I walked out of my apartment and over to (Y/N). I feel like this is becoming a daily routine.

(Y/N) POV (we back baby)

Miguel shows up at my door right on time. He's wearing...um? That...I guess?

^^the fit is to die for like always ✋ Pinterest got my back (but if you don't like girly clothes don't fret, we are going to have A LOT of character development including clothing taste)

^^the fit is to die for like always Pinterest got my back (but if you don't like girly clothes don't fret, we are going to have A LOT of character development including clothing taste)

"Hey," I said walking out to join Miguel, "ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," he said as we started walking towards the dojo.

"Do you know if there was anything specific we were supposed to wear?" I ask Miguel hoping we were dressed properly for the occasion.

"No," he said without certainty, "he didn't mention anything like that."

"Oh, okay."

This just means that if I'm dressed improperly he can't blame me for it. It's his own fault, and I'll be sure to tell him that.

Timey Skippy

We get in front of the strip mall where the address led us to. There is a new sign on one of the buildings. It's a yellow and red, freshly made, sign. It has a giant cobra on it with written in big letters "Cobra Kai." It's a kind of sign that would attract people from far away. Maybe they might think it is just a pet store...for exotic snakes? I don't think that the first thing that would come to peoples heads is "Karate Dojo."

Miguel walks over and knocks on the door. Why would he do that? It's a business. Not my front door.

"Come in!" Someone yells from the inside.