Chapter 9

Readers P.O.V

After the incident with Sam's dad we decided to go out to eat. We got in Sensei's red car and drove to the local diner. I purposely drove them away from the direction of the one my mom works at.

The booths with ripped a bit and it was just another way to remind me we live in a poverty stricken town.

Miguel and I sat in one half and Sensei sat across from us.

"So...(Y/N) how's umm school?" Sensei said, trying to make small talk.

"It'a okay, I get okay grades I guess."

"Yeah I was never one on the smart end." Sensei said, "I think I only passed because most the teachers had the hots for me."

Miguel and I laughed a little at Sensei being coincided. "Are you a Leo?" I asked him, based off of his comments.

"No I'm Johnny."

"No I mean your zodiac," I managed to get out while laughing.

"What the hell is that?"

"It's an astrology category. It's based of your birthday. What's your birthday Sensei?" I asked him.

"August 20th," he told me.

"Okay so yeah, you are a Leo," I said proud of myself, because I guessed his zodiac sign correctly.

"Is the the most badass?" He's asked.

"Sure I guess. I'm a (your zodiac sign)." I said.

"Ooh I'm a Gemini!" Miguel said enthusiastically. That one didn't make as much sense as Sensei being a Leo though.

The conversation was over when the waitress walked over to us and collected our orders.

"I would like a medium chocolate milkshake and fries please," I ordered.

"Same," Miguel said.

"I want a burger, fries, large vanilla milkshake, and onion rings," Sensei read his large order off of the menu.

"Okay will that be all?" The waitress asked.

"Yup," Sensei said.

We joked around and ate the rest of 'dinner'. After we finish Sensei payed, I tipped the lady, and we went back to the apartments.

The car ride home was fun. "The Boys of the Summer" came on and Sensei and I were singing the lyrics. I think it was Miguel's first time hearing it.

Maybe Sensei isn't so bad...?

Time Skip———about a week———

Miguel's P.O.V.

I was listening to 80's music in my room, because I wanted to show off to (Y/N) and Sensei that I know the lyrics to this stuff. While I was listening I was practicing my punching skills. I kept reminding myself to breathe.

I heard a mock on my door, "Miguel set the table for dinner," my Yaya said in Spanish.

"I'll be right there, almost finished," I yelled, I want to finish this song out.

I heard my grandma say to herself, "jerking off." I- no.

A few minutes later I kind of forgot about it. Yaya and I were eating dinner at the table when my mom came it. "Looks who's here," Yaya Said.