Chapter 42 Finding a Way

"Bethany, what are you doing?" He asks calmly.

"I need you to come with me and after all this, I didn't know if you would be willing..." I say as I hold on to him tight.

I connect my suit and AI and set a destination...

"travelling to Sweeden 1001 AD, the Tiruer clan"

"arriving in...5...4...3...2...1..."

"Bethany?... what is? How did you?" I hear Boleslaw's voice behind me.

I turn around and he is just as I remembered him. He is struggling to put a sentence together and I can see confusion all over his face. I put Bo down and hug Boleslaw as he smiles at me and relaxes in my arms.

"Who do you have with you there?..." He points at speechless Bo

"Boleslaw, meet your son and heir Bo" Boleslaw looks at him, then at me and starts laughing

"I would never call my son Bo!" he chuckles.

"Well, you didn't... I called him for you because you couldn't" He looks at me stunned

"We are going to have a son and I will not be there to name him Bethany?" He looks at me mortified

"No, he is your son from your union with Lady Agnes"

"Then how?"

"Sit down... we have to talk"

I tell Boleslaw everything, while Bo sits on the floor without a word, listening to everything again. I can tell from looking at his face he was not expecting to be taken back to his father. I can see concern, fear and shame on his face as I explain to Boleslaw, what his soon is unleashing upon the world. Finally, I say

"I think this young man needs to spend some time with you, his father and maybe you could take him to also meet his real mother? Someone once told me that missing real parents leaves a void in a heart. Some people misunderstood the emptiness and fill it with blame and anger... I think that Bo needs to fill his void with the memories of you and Agnes and then he might be able to make better decisions..."

They both agreed. I released Bo from the neck machine and Boleslaw embraced him. He awkwardly accepted the gesture.

As they sat down to talk together I looked outside the window and saw... Michael! I run outside my hut and throw myself at Michael, while tears are falling down my cheeks.

"How are you here?! It's so good to see you...!" I cry

"Bethany... It's ok, you did it... History has changed, everyone is safe..."

"Really? What happens?"

"Bo will stay with his parents until his mother is four months pregnant with him. Reluctantly and with a heavy heart he will leave and allow for the historical events to take place as they should... He will then go on a quest of finding himself... He eventually meets a woman somewhere in time and he settles down having his own family..."

"And time travel and all the inventions?"

"They will still get invented, in time, but Bo will not take part in it"

"So can I get home now?"

"Yes, I am here to take you"

It is the early afternoon and I look around the Tiruer clan. I see kids running around, playing, people completing their chores and others just simply chatting. I hear the birds singing and the waterfall hitting the ground further away... I look at my hut and through the window I see Boleslaw looking at me and nodding his head, giving me his approval to leave. I smile at him and look at Bo telling Boleslow something with excitement on his face and the light in his eyes. My heart fills with joy and peace as I leave this place...

I turn to Michael and he is smiling at me. He takes out his hand and says,

"Let's go, you did what needed to be done, thank you, Bethany."

"travelling to England, Ashtead 2021 AD"

"arriving in...5...4...3...2...1..."