Chapter 43 A day in the life

I open my eyes and my head is throbbing. I still have a fog in front of me. It spat me out really bad this time... I realise I am on the floor. I sit up and I am covered with flour? I stand up and my knees are still a bit shakey. I look around and I see that I must have slipped on something... What was it?

I look around and I see on the side squashed pink, glittery egg, a toy of some sort... Now it looks more like a pancake... Wait what is that noise? I run to the kitchen. The sink is overflowing with water. I slide on the wet floor as I am trying to reach the tap to turn it off.

What a mess... As I am starting to dry the place I hear the doorbell. I pick myself up and walk to the door. Once I open I hear

"Good morning, it's EDF I am here to check your meter?"

"Please go ahead" I let him in and before I close the door behind him I see a new couple moving in next door. The man has semi-grey hair and a hat on his head and a black leather jacket... This looks so familiar... The woman has long, black curly hair and very pale skin, which makes her eyes pop on her face. She looks beautiful in her light pink dress with flowers.

She is holding a baby boy, the child must be about six months old?

The sight gives me a strange feeling in my stomach. I let the EDF guy and shut the door.

I rub my head that is still shooting with pain and I sit a bit confused at my dining table, sipping a cold cup of tea, wondering what a strange day I am having...