《 四 : Born Sinner 》

"Queen? Like a Vampire Queen? You're kidding." Cinder's frost fingers began to crawl towards the back of your neck. You hadn't forgotten about Neo or Emerald either. They clung to your arms, embracing your upper limbs into their chests.

"Oh, we're not kidding, cutie. We, vampires, are indeed real. You've already seen Mercury in action, and he's... well..." Emerald stole a glance at Mercury, earning a growl from the gray vampire. "Say anything else, Emerald, and I'll be sure to break your legs."

Emerald laughed and replied with irony. "You can't even walk. How are you going to break mine when yours are already broken?" Mercury snarled at her snarky remark. "You better watch yourself, Emerald. You know not to--"

"Silence. You both are to speak when I tell you to. Do I make myself clear?" Cinder hadn't turned or made any movement to glare at her accomplices due to immersing herself in your looks, but she couldn't hide the frown that bestowed on her lips.

Emerald immediately straightened up, glaring at Mercury in the process. "Yes ma'am." The gray assassin shrugged, not saying anything in return. And, Neo nuzzled up against your left shoulder.

"Why did you do it? Why did you turn yourself into a monster?" You asked Cinder through your helmet. The noirette uses her fingertips to draw light circles on your nape, the mere action set out to give you an adrenaline rush. "Rather than monsters, I see this as an evolution towards mankind. Vampires are set to live for eternity and are guaranteed brand new powers. Even if they die, they'll live forever."

You frowned at her response. "You see this monstrosity as some sort of upgrade toward the human race? No, it isn't! You've turned yourself into a blood-sucking beast for what?! Power!? How can you just stand there and smile when you're draining the life force of innocent people?!"

Cinder giggled at your wild outburst. "If it makes you feel any better, not all of them were innocent. If you're going to insinuate that we are killing off the human race, then you're absolutely wrong. We don't kill them— we simply just enjoy the thrill of the hunt that humans give us."

The evening breeze ruffled the surface of the earth, swaying the large trees, and the rumbling sound of leaves. The serene atmosphere contrasted with your own deep despondency. "Tell me, am I speaking to the same woman that I fought against a few days ago, or are you someone else?" You stare back at her radiant amber eyes.