《 十一 : A Minor Hiccup, A Looming Shadow 》

The torment and torture doesn't stop, does it?

It just keeps coming back. 

The remembrance of his younger self and his former family came back with startling clarity. Now, the familiar red sea fills his eyes as he naturally opens them up. Why, he still remembers them—he's never forgotten it. How could he possibly forget them when he was the one that killed them.

Brutally murdered and slaughtered them all as they screamed at him, calling him all sorts of things and labeling names that best suited his grotesque behavior.

Demon. Devil. A filthy monster.

As it repeats itself like an endless cycle, he loses himself in them once again.

Again.

Again, again, and again. Until he cannot differentiate his own life with death.

He tries so hard to wash away yesterday's memories and the day before that, then the day previous to–

"Big brother! Big brother! You're here!!"

That voice... It belonged to his dearest sister. How long has it been since he last saw her? It must've been years, but he didn't know the exact amount. He's already lost count of them.

"Of course, my cute little sister! It is your birthday after all! Why wouldn't I be here?"

"You've been busy with him lately... So, I assumed you would miss my special day..."

"Nonsense! I'd never miss out on this day. You bring me the utmost joy and happiness, Soren! I'd feel so ashamed if I miss out on your special day."