Jess and Emily - Moving In

"Oh my freaking god, what the hell is that?"

Emily looked disgustedly at the deep magenta coloured suede couch Jess was showing her on her laptop, wrinkling up her nose as she stared at the screen.

"I'm sorry, but that is absolutely horrific. I am never ever going to be able to erase whatever the hell this is from my mind,"

"What?!" Jess exclaimed next to her. "How can you say that?! It's so cute! And it's pink! You like pink, remember your bag?"

"Jess, it's magenta, not pink, there's a significant difference, that being that magenta is garish and harsh and basically just sucks and pink is elegant and pretty. Besides, this couch is absolutely hideous, even without the colouring,"

"Well I like it,"

Emily stared at her for a second as if she were mad before letting out a singular sarcastic laugh and reached out to put her hand on Jess's shoulder.

"Jess, honey, I love you, but there is no freaking way that you will ever convince me to put that... thing in my new apartment,"

"Uhh, first of all, it's our new apartment. And second, why not?" Jess demanded, rolling Emily's hand off, and frowning.

"It's so tacky, and that colour is horrendous,"

"Oh please, like this couch is any tackier than your cheetah print throw on your bed," Jess shot back, practically hissing the words 'cheetah print'. Emily let out a loud shocked melodramatic gasp, her hand flying to her chest.

"You said you liked my cheetah print throw!"

"I lied!"

Emily let out another shocked gasp, leaning away from Jess.

"How dare you,"

Jess crossed her arms and pursed her lips as she stared defiantly back at Emily, who loudly scoffed before spluttering;

"Well, it's a good thing you won't ever have to see the design masterpiece that is my cheetah print throw, cause it's going in my room. Your loss,"

"Thank god for that! I won't have to gouge my eyes out," Jess exclaimed back. "Oh, and 'Miss What I Say Goes', what happens if I want the couch for my room?"

"Why would you get to put it in your room? I've already told you, I hate it,"

"And I've already told you, I hate your cheetah print throw, but you still get to keep it, and have it in your room, so why can't I do the same for this couch in my room, huh?"

"You won't fit your bed, all your other furniture and that thing in your room. It's too small, Jess,"

"The master bedroom is huge, it'll fit,"

"Yeah, but you're not having the master bedroom, I am,"

"Uhh, what? Since when? I don't remember discussing this with you. Who says you get to have the master bedroom?!"

"I do, and what I say goes,"

"Maybe with other people, but not with me. I'm your friend Em, not your maid, and we're talking about who gets the master bedroom and who gets the second bedroom,"

"Ugh, fine, but I'm still not letting you buy that thing,"

"Okay, you know what, that's fine by me, as long as we actually talk about certain things, the important things, instead of you making the decision for the both of us,"

"Ugh, I hate it when you act all decent like that, cause then I have to be decent too," Emily complained, frowning at Jess.

"Oh no, how terrible for you," Jess replied sarcastically, before pushing her laptop towards Emily. "Here. Seeing as you hate the adorable little magenta couch, how about you start browsing for a sofa you may be okay with?"