Mike X Jess - Drunk & Stupid

Jess wasn't expecting to be disturbed that night as she settled down for a long overdue, and kinda pathetic, rom com marathon in her and Emily's living room. And she certainly wasn't expecting to be disturbed by a very drunk, and slightly insane, class president Michael Monroe, knocking frantically at the door.

She had just made a big bowl of popcorn and poured herself a glass of wine, making herself comfortable with a light blanket thrown over her knees. She was mindlessly flicking through cliché rom coms on her and Emily's Netflix, and one of their two cats, Matcha, had settled himself on the other end of the couch, curled up in a little fluffy ball of ginger and white, bright green eyes peeking over his twitching tail to casually watch his blonde human. She was just about to select a movie, when there was a loud knock at the door, followed by a series of fast haphazardly done knocks.

"Who could that be, Matcha?" Jess asked the cat beside her as it raised its head, ears perked up, looking towards the door. She stood up, throwing the blanket over the arm of the couch, and trailed her hand down the cat's back gently as she passed him, walking towards the door.

"Em?" she asked as she reached the door. "That you?"

She opened the door, expecting her best friend and roommate, only to see a dishevelled Mike leaning against the doorframe instead.

"Mike?"

He gave her a lopsided grin before stepping through the doorway and pulling her into a bone crushing hug, lifting her off the ground.

"Hey Jessie,"

Jess squirmed against his chest, shocked at the sudden and never before seen display of affection, pushing him away as she inhaled the overwhelming stench of alcohol that lingered on his breath.

"You've been drinking," she told him, his behaviour making sense now as he finally let go, and he waved her off.

"Not that much! I only had beer," he exclaimed, pouting at Jess when she crossed her arms.

"How many beers?"

"I don't know, only one...two...three..."

Mike's brow furrowed, confused and annoyed as he tried to count off the beers on his fingers, and Jess smirked.

"You're drunk,"

"No you,"

Jess had to keep herself from facepalming, rolling her eyes as she turned back into the apartment. She walked into the kitchen, pulling out two glasses and filling them with water, sliding one across the bench to Mike, who had followed her into the flat. He took a sip, watching her as she turned and leant back against the counter, taking a sip of her own glass.

"Where were you?" she asked him, and he cocked his head in confusion. She sighed. "Where were you when you were drinking Michael? Were you at a pub, or a party, or a friend's house?"

"Oh, uh, me, Matt and Chris went out for drinks at a pub,"

"No Josh?"

Despite the fact he was drunk, a hint of sadness laced Mike's voice as he shook his head and replied.

"No. No Josh. He didn't feel up to it,"

Jess nodded, averting her eyes to the glass in her hand.

"He never does anymore, not after the prank," she said, an underlying layer of guilt in her forcibly casual tone. The two of them were silent for a second, before Jess let out a loud sigh and stood up straight, shaking her head, rolling her shoulders back, as if shaking away the guilt and sadness.

"Anyway," she started, forcing a smile as she turned to face Mike. "Where are Chris and Matt?"

"Chris called Ash and she and Sam came and picked them up to drop them home,"