Sike - We Go Out Together

Welp, guess who accidentally forgot about her word limit again. Heh, whoops. I know we just had a Mike oneshot but I'm a big fan of Sam and Mike, both as characters and a couple, in case you hadn't guessed, so yeah. Oh well. Anyway, enjoy, don't forget to leave a request if you want, and vote and share, yeah?

-Grace, out 😘💙

Mike's POV:

My heart pounded as I ran through and slammed the door shut on the Wendigo, breathing heavily.

"Goddamnit, stay out there!" I yelled at it as I shoved all my weight into the heavy metal door. The angry creature pushed back, and suddenly I flew backwards, the fiery Wendigo jumping on top of me. I desperately tried to push it off me as its razor-sharp teeth extended towards my throat, and it let out an ear-splitting screech in my face so loud my hearing went fuzzy. Then I heard someone yell.

"HEY! FATTY! OVER HERE!"

Suddenly, the weight on top of me was gone, and I watched as Sam took another powerful swing at the Wendigo, teeth gritted in grim determination, shovel moving so fast its blurred in my vision. She hit the thing smack bang in the side of the head with such force that the head came clean off, rolling away before finally coming to a stop as the body collapsed to the ground before me.

She looked down at me with an intensity I didn't know how to interpret, before reaching out a rough calloused, bleeding hand. Subconsciously, I reached out and took it, and she hauled me up with so much force I almost stumbled into her. She hurriedly grabbed my shoulders to hold me up, and heat radiated from her hands, seeping through my thin jacket into my skin, the shock of it pulling me out of my daze.

"Woah, you okay?!" she asked me as I stepped away from her.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," I replied, shaking my head a little to stop the ringing still going off in my head. "You alright?"

"Define alright," she said as she chuckled slightly.

"Alive, for a start,"

"Yeah," she nodded, gesturing to herself. "Yeah, alive's good,"

"The hell are you doing down here anyway?" I asked her, now that the shock of the moment had worn off. "I thought I told you all to stay safe upstairs,"

"I had to come warn you about the Wendigos," she answered, pointing to the still open metal door and then to the body on the ground before us.

"Yeah, well, I think I got it covered," I told her, and she immediately let out a laugh.

"Michael, you were about 3 seconds away from getting your head bitten off. If I hadn't of stepped in, there wouldn't have been anyone to come down here and warn,"

I knew she was right, but I'd be lying if my own pride didn't itch for me to tell her she was wrong. I must've visibly hesitated though, cause she let out a triumphant smile.

"Oh, whatever," I told her, turning away while gesturing for her to head back the way she came. "Just head back. I'm good from here,"

"Yeah, right," she said, laughing humourlessly. "I'm not leaving you down here alone, especially not if there are more Wendigos on the loose,"

"It's not safe for you down here,"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I must've missed the point throughout the night at which you became invincible. It's not safe for anyone, but it's safer together than by yourself, and at least if we're together, if anything happens, you won't be alone, or we'll know what happened to you,"

Privately, I actually liked the idea of having some company, and I knew it was smarter to stick together rather than split up, but if anything happened to her, like what happened to Jess, I would've never forgiven myself. I went to dismiss her again, and she tightened her jaw as she crossed her arms, cocking out her hip, staring at me obstinately.