[ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ]

[ S T U B B O R N , P A R T  T W O ]

[ S T U B B O R N , P A R T T W O ]

Tasha couldn't really explain it but she had the desire to put actual effort into her appearance that Friday morning. She woke up about half an hour before her alarm and thus decided to take advantage of her early morning start.

She showered, toweled off, and had just finished dressing. Soon the teenager moved over to the bathroom sink, applying a full face of light makeup as her eyes concentrated on her reflection in the mirror.

While rubbing her lips together to spread more of the cherry-flavored lipgloss, Tasha took off her silk crimson durag to reveal the short waves underneath. After drawing out her green apple scented gel and a worn-out toothbrush, Tasha parted and slicked down her hair as best as she could; leaving out two slightly longer pieces in the front before gelling them down in two swoops.

At long last, she was finished. Gazing at herself, her eyes narrowed. A subtle smirk adorns her lips.

Her mother and father had been sitting at the dining table, eating the breakfast her mother had prepared. Tasha strode in breezily, her presence immediately catching Mrs. Campbell's attention.

"Who's the boy?" Mrs. Campbell questioned her child without preamble, lifting an eyebrow.

The teenager's eyebrows instinctively furrowed, troubled by the sudden accusation. "Ah, ma, there ain't no boy. What's got you thinking something like that anyway?" Tasha grumbled as she sat down.

Mrs. Campbell shot her daughter a knowing look.

"Call it motherly instinct."

As Mrs. Campbell said this, her eyes gesticulated to Tasha's appearance. Between the frame-hugging dress, made-up face, and meticulously done hairstyle, it didn't take a genius to notice that Tasha was aiming to catch someone's eye.

Mrs. Campbell turned her head slightly to stare at her husband, who had been engrossed in the words printed in front of him. "Well, honey? Don't 'cha think Tasha looks extra nice today?" Mrs. Campbell asked playfully as Tasha's cheeks warmed in slight embarrassment.

Mr. Campbell's eyes glanced up from the morning paper to his daughter, then back at the paper again. A deep sigh had left the man's lips, the weary sound revealing more than words could.

The Walsh twins enter Beverly Hills High side by side, immediately catching the attention of most of those in the long hallway. Brandon, although buzzing with nerves, daps up and greets the familiar faces while Brenda stuck to smiling and waving.