[ CHAPTER SEVEN ]

[ D A Y  O N E ]

[ D A Y  O N E ]

Tasha's mother was not in the greatest mood the next morning.

"Detention?! Whatchu' mean you got detention?!" Mrs. Campbell yells as she's making eggs. Tasha sunk further into her seat, her eyes focused on the dining table in front of her. "I got in trouble, I'm sorry." Tasha whispers, letting out a heavy sigh after. Before Mrs. Campbell had the chance to yell again, Mr. Campbell entered, staring at the both of them in bewilderment.

"What's goin' on?"

Mrs. Campbell turned to her husband, one hand gripping a big cooking spoon while the other was on her hip. "I told your daughter that she needed to come help at the pharmacy after school, but now she's telling me that she got detention." Tasha's mother explained with an attitude.

Mr. Campbell immediately snapped his head to the eighteen year old who tried to hide her face.

"Whatchu' gettin' into detention fa? It better not be because of a boy!"

Tasha sat up in her seat to look both of her parents in the eye. "It was a mistake, I overreacted. It won't happen again, I promise."

"It better not." Mrs. Campbell warned before turning back to the stove.

The school day went by in a blur for them both. Dazing happened often with Brandon, but not so much Tasha, who was personally shocked by how distracted she was most of the day.

She didn't understand why she was so out of it until Brandon walked in a couple of seconds before the last period bell.

He looked different. There were bags under his eyes, his scleras were slightly red due to sleep deprivation and crying, and for the first time, she thinks, Brandon Walsh was wearing a long-sleeved shirt to school. The long-sleeve shirt was odd enough alone, for everyone at 90210 High knew that the jocks at the school always wore short-sleeve tops to display the muscle they've gained as athletes.

Tasha sees him and a large wave of sadness overcomes her. She remembers the personal things he vaguely revealed to her yesterday and begins wondering if something bad happened to him. Soon enough, Tasha realizes that the reason she had been so distracted all day was because she pitied him.

Appalled by her revelation, she quickly looked away from the blue-eyed boy as he made his way to his seat that was to the left of her. They ignore each other's existence for the rest of the period, both avoiding the fact that once class ended, they had to deal with each other.

When the last period bell rang, Brandon rushed out of the classroom with the other students, leaving Tasha alone with Dr. Hornet.

"I heard what happened yesterday," Hornet began. "How much trouble did you two get in?"