[ CHAPTER TWENTY ]

[ F O R  T H E  S I N S  I  H A V E  C O M M I T T E D ]

C O M M I T T E D ]

Brandon pulls up and parks Tasha's Acura by his house. After letting out a sigh, a huge ass smile threatens to give way on his face. His mouth noticeably twitches as he attempts to restraint himself. Tasha is sitting in the passengers seat and giving him a sideways look, her expression deadpan as she waits for him to finally break.

Not a heartbeat later does Brandon break and laugh his ass off.

His eyes are crinkled at the sides as his chuckles fill the car. His broad, sinewy shoulders shake with every round of laughter and Tasha could swear she was not exaggerating as she watched his eyes become a shade lighter.

She wants to look away, because he is just so bright, but she can't.

Swallowing down the lump in her throat, she finally asks him, as dryly as she can, "What's so funny?"

"You've been watching my every move since I offered to steer the wheel on the drive back," Brandon had said all while laughing still, thankfully too distracted to notice the intense look she had given him moments ago, "I told you I wouldn't crash your baby, Baby. Don't 'cha trust me?"

Despite the warmth that had settled in her, Tasha had simply rolled her eyes.

"Hardly." She quips back, shaking her head in attempt to hide her fond smile.

After a moment, Tasha looks back at him. She couldn't say she was surprised to find that his eyes were already on her.

The adoration is clear in his eyes.

It was only then when Tasha had acknowledged the possibility of Brandon thinking of her as intensely as she thought of him. The thought steals her breath in the most terrifyingly amazing way.

Before she knows it, she's leaning in and kissing his cheek.

The sigh Brandon lets out only spurs her.

Her lips linger on his cheek before she settles another kiss on his jaw, then another right below it.

"Take off your seatbelt,"

Tasha only pulls away from his skin to oblige at the breathless request. Once the belt's off, calloused hands grip her shoulders to pull her forward until she's seated right on his lap. Tasha inhales through her nose, not wasting another second to place her lips back on his skin again.