[ CHAPTER FIVE ]

[ T H E  I N T E R R O G A T I O N ]

Tasha reentered the library with irritation written all over her features. She shoved everything she had laid out on the table back into her backpack, grumbling all sorts of things under her breath about 90210 boys and their usual egotistic behaviors.

After pulling her backpack onto one shoulder, Tasha turned around to meet Mrs. Tuff's stiff expression. "You still look pissed—regretting not using the switchy, huh?" The librarian inquiries. Tasha raises an eyebrow, deciding to entertain the question since she wanted to calm down a bit, but before she could, the bell rang, signaling that it was time for fifth period.

Tasha briskly walked into her fifth period classroom and like usual, she sat in the front row. She ignored all the wide-eyed stares directed her way, occasionally bothering to listen in on some of the foolish whispers of her classmates.

"Why is she always buggin' all the time?"

"Isn't she like some man-hating, feminist Black Panther or whatever?"

"I heard she got a penis."

"What she did to B was bunk; she should get suspended immediately."

"I heard she told him that she had the hots for him but he rejected her, so she overreacted and did all that to him when it isn't Brandon's fault that he's not attracted to girls like her."

The last comment made Tasha snicker the most.

Tasha had a fair amount of rumors surrounding her entire identity but didn't feel the need to acknowledge or regard any of them. Most of the rumors summed her up as a pro-black and anti-men radical who didn't associate with just anybody. Most of the rumors weren't far off, but Tasha still left each of them to lay since the rumors emphasized her as some mysterious, scary, and untouchable person—an impression that Tasha appreciated quite generously since she enjoyed being feared.

Before Mrs. Russ, 90210 High's biology teacher, could begin her fifth period, a voice on the school intercom cleared their throat. "May Brandon Walsh, Kingston Walker, Dylan McKay, Tasha Campbell, Monika Lively, and Neva Johnson report to the principal's office, please? Thank you."

Tasha felt eyes on her from every direction in the room as she slowly sunk in her seat, scowling. Mrs. Russ turns her head to Tasha, gesturing towards the door. "Well, I guess you're excused, Miss Campbell." Tasha grumbled out a long string of swear words under her breath before she grabbed her backpack and left the classroom.