[ CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ]

[ T A S H A  A N D  B R A N D O N ]

[ T A S H A A N D B R A N D O N ]

90210 High's nurse's office smelled like bleach and hand sanitizer. The fact that her nose was getting used to the repulsive scent now reminded her of how long she had been in there watching over the two unconscious idiots who were merely separated by a curtain divider.

Kingston wakes first with a pounding headache. He's lying in the nurse's office as his eyes open slowly. A groan drags from his lips. The sound reminds her that he's likely still in a lot of pain, but it didn't stop her from asking.

"Why'd you do it?"

Kingston turns his head to face her perhaps a bit too quickly, and then moans from the abrupt movement.

"Huh?" He asks dumbly, like he didn't hear her the first time.

Not missing a beat, she repeats herself. "Why?"

The impatient look in her eyes has Kingston move his gaze onto the floor. Then he mumbles some bullshit that he knows she can't hear.

"Repeat that," She commands, "And say the shit like you actually got balls."

Closing his eyes, the boy let out a long sigh.

It feels like forever had passed when Kingston had finally said, "I'm still into you, Tasha."

The confession brings about a silence so heavy that voices from the classroom next door carried through.

"You've been an insufferable jackass all this time because you still have feelings for me." Tasha deadpans. And thankfully, her words roused enough embarrassment to be met with silence.

"Goodbye, Kingston."

Tasha turns around on her ex and leaves him to wallow there without another word.

The finality in his love's actions along with the throbbing pain that racked his body triggered Kingston to cry slow and quiet.

That would be the last conversation him and Tasha ever have.

Tasha was watching over Brandon, who was still knocked out and bruised and all, one last time before the next period bell rang.

"I understand that you care," The school nurse nods her head at Tasha's hand that was holding Brandon's limp one, "But your education should always come before a boy."