𝟏𝟎. ⎯⎯⎯⎯𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦

"That's his way

"That's his way."
"His way of what?"
"Of showing how much he needs you."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The three jujutsu students were currently spending some time on the beach along with Riko and Kuroi. After Kuroi was kidnapped the day before, the kidnappers had demanded Okinawa as a meeting spot. Before the group took off to rescue Kuroi, they took many precautions necessary to ensure a safe trip. Satoru checked out both the passengers and crew as well as the plane. Suguru escorted the plane using his curses during the flight and it was actually safer than risking an unfamiliar route on land. While, Hima was glued to Riko's side throughout the whole journey.

Satoru, Suguru, Hima, Amanai landed in Okinawa and they successfully rescued Kuroi while apprehending the kidnappers simultaneously. Kuroi was embarassed that she was defeated by a member of the time vessel assosication, especially since it was a non-curse user. But, both Hima and Suguru made it their mission to convince Kuroi that it's not her fault for being captured.

Hima thought it was concerning how the kidnappers chose Okinawa as a place to meet. Was it to buy time? Even if they can't kill Riko, why would they need to delay the merger until after tomorrow's full moon? In the case if their plan was to attack the airport, two of Jujutsu's first-year, Kento Nanami and Yu Haibara, would be there to apprehend the attackers.

"Is it okay to go sight-seeing...?" Kuroi directed the question towards Suguru and Hima.

"It's the maniac's idea." Hima huffed, still crossing her arms.

"I suppose it's his way of showing compassion for Riko," Suguru tilted his head making a suggestive comment as he leaned his weight to turned to Hima. The white haired jujutsu student and the star plasma vessel were currently observing different kinds of starfish and corals right near the shoreline. For some unknown reason, the sight made Hima at ease yet a little irritated. At ease at how lively the boy was acting. Irritated by the closeness the two had gotten but she would never admit that. How that was possible was beyond her. Satoru was always very cheerful in a jokingly manner, but he seemed to have broken down his walls for the girl. A glimpse of how Satoru used to be with Hima when they were younger, "He has that from time to time."

"Right." Hima only turned away from the sight of Satoru and Riko. She was cross at herself for feeling a slight pang on her heart when she heard them laugh. Satoru was doing his job making the girl happy. But most importantly, why would she be ill tempered by that. Vulnerability will not be a side any of them will see from her today.

"Satoru! Let's go, it's almost time!" Suguru screamed to the pair playing on the ocean. Riko's face suddenly dropped at what she heard. Satoru noticed her sudden change of expression and a thought crossed his mind.