Nine

.... back to today...

Bucky held you close for a little longer, his head resting on your shoulder. You didn't want to leave his embrace. You felt so safe and secure with him.

"Will you be there later? The test..." you stuttered, scared he wouldn't want to be there while Bruce poked and prodded you. But you needed him there.... You just didn't want to ask out right.

Bucky smiled against your neck and kissed your cheek, "of course I will. I told you, I'm always right here."

You walked into Bruce's work room. There was a table close to monitors and trays full of equipment. It made your heart beat faster, your hands sweat and you could feel a panic attack coming on...

Bucky grabbed hold of your hand, squeezed tightly and smiled at you, "I'll be right next to you." He whispered leading you over to the table.

Rogers came out of a side room with Bruce, "Hi Y/N. Steve has asked if he could be present too. Is that OK?

You nodded, jumping up to sit on the table and swinging your legs nervously. Bucky moved a chair from a desk and placed it next to the bed.

Bruce looked as if he was going to say something but Bucky just stared at him as he sat down, as if he was saying try make me move. See what happens. with his eyes. He reached over and linked his fingers with yours, giving you a small smile and a kiss on the knuckle. Bruce nodded and went back to the computers, clicking on things as he went.

You looked up and caught Rogers eyes. He was leaning against the wall, arms folded, just looking at you and Bucky. He frowned looking at Bucky holding your hand, running his thumb over your knuckles.

"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to ask you to remove the jumper." Bruce turned and looked at you, pointing to the hoodie.

You slowly nodded and took your hand out of Buckys grasps. You started shaking as you removed the hoodie to reveal your sports bra, and all the scars.

Bucky looked away, biting the inside of his cheek. He had seen them all before when he helped clean the open wounds when you first arrived, he even helped you in the shower once. You had a gown on, nothing was shown! But he still was t used to seeing all the pain you had gone through. Not only did he worry about what you went through, but it brought back awful memories for him too...

He placed a hand on your leg, letting you know he was still here for you if you needed him. You looked up to Rogers as he moved away from the wall and dropped his arms. He looked you up and down, studying each cut, bruise and scar. It looked as though he wanted to say something, probably ask all about them.

"Thank you." Bruce smiled kindly at you as you passed Bucky the hoodie. "Now, just lie down and I'll scan you first."

You nodded again. Lying down on the table, you grabbed Buckys hand and squeezed it hard. You could feel the panic attack bubbling; your fingers started to tingle, your heartbeat got faster and breathing jaggered.

"It's OK, Y/N. I'm right here. Just let me know if you want to stop and we will." Bucky whispered, leaning on the table close to you, keeping you safe.

"Could you two... not..." Bruce stuttered out, motioning to your hand in Buckys, "just for the scan. So I have a clear picture."

You looked over to Bucky and he smiled, letting your hand go. You smiled back but tears began falling.

"Two minutes. Not even that. I promise." Bruce stuttered out with a smile.

You were still uncertain about Tony, the others you were slowly warming up to. Even Bruce. Your feelings were right and he is really friendly. He's like a little puppy dog that you can't help but smile at whenever you see them. And he would always look up to you with those sad puppy dog eyes, which just solidified his puppy-ness.