Twenty-Seven

"Copy it." Bucky said quickly, running into the room with you, closing the door with a click and over to the computer.

You pulled out a USB from your pocket; Tony had given you all one just in case, and found a slot. You looked around the computer, trying to figure out how to use the thing, "I'm getting lost. I don't know... I've hardly ever used a computer before!"

"I know you can do this!" Bucky shouted, grabbing your arms, "I know you do. Focus. I believe in you."

You nodded and turned back to the computer. You started clicking buttons and slowly started to figure it out. "Oh my God I did it." You looked at the screen and a pop up flashed on screen "copying to USB".

"Told you." Bucky smiled and grabbed you round the waist, twirling you round. "You are amazing, you know that?"

"Thank you." You smiled at your best friend.

Bucky put you back into your feet, "For what?"

"Being the greatest friend anyone could ask for." You pulled him in for a hug.

He was the best thing to happen to you in a long time. Without him, you would still be here. Still be experimented on. You may have shown him hope, but he showed you love and friendship.

"How cute." You both turned to see Dylan at another door, "The Winter Soldier and my little sister reunited. You two were troublesome."

Bucky pushed you behind him and held his gun, pointing it to Dylan. "I'm not afraid to shoot you."

"Oh please. You would have shot me by now. But you want to know." He smirked, walking a bit further into the room.

"Know what?" You asked shakily, peering from behind Buckys shoulder.

"Everything! I can give you back your memories. Both of you." Dylan smiled and stopped in his tracks.

Was it true? He could give you all your memories back. You'll remember everything; your parents, your friends, every single experiment that was ever done on you. But, you would also remember all the things you and Bucky went through together.

Bucky looked behind into your eyes before turning back to Dylan. He was thinking the same as you. "How?"

"One simply click of this," he brought out a little device, "and all your memories will be back."

He sighed and walked round the room again, "it's a memory blocker. Patent pending. To help those who wish to forget to, well, forget."

"Why would we want to forget each other?" Bucky asked, following him round the room with the gun pointing at him. You stayed behind Bucky the whole time, a little worried what Dylan could do. Feeling safer behind Bucky.

"Oh no. You two were test subjects just to see if it worked. It does. But, there is one last test; let's see if it can bring all your memories back. With a flick of a switch." As he spoke, he pressed something on the device.

A sudden ringing in your head caused you to scream and fall to your knees. Bucky kneeled next to you, holding on to his head too.

He looked over to you, scanning your face and body. "Y/N?" Memories rushed back to his head; how he looked at you that first time and saw the frightened little girl you were, how you begged for help, how you looked up to him with big, hopeful eyes. How you believed in him.

The memories rushed back to you as well. How Bucky looked at you each time you met; the dark abyss before you locked eyes. How his eyes brightened and softened as they scanned you.

He always said sorry as he wiped blood away from the cuts he caused, leading you to know he was a good man. The pain behind his eyes as he realised what he was doing.