What I'm Hearing Is Stay Single

EL PASO
August 04; 10:32 MDT

"All I'm saying is there's no sound in space," Jamie told his girlfriend, Traci, as they lay on his bed. Traci was currently watching Space Trek, while he read a comic book. Bart, Jenna, and Alya sat in the front of the bed, on the floor. Jenna was scrolling through her 1K Wordsworth feed, liking and commenting on photos while Alya was reading a textbook about alien cultures, and Bart was on his tablet. "The physics on this show are so messed up."

"Uh, who watches for the physics?" Traci questions him.

"Wait, there's no sound in space?" Jenna questions incredulously. "That doesn't make sense, I able to speak the other Green Lanterns easily."

Alya facepalms, "Jen... the ring lets you do that."

"Really--" Jenna was cut off, by the five of their phones go off. They each grab their phones to see who texts them.

"Hello, Megan!" Bart says. "It's mission time!"

***

"That is a lot of Earthlings! You even brought a ring bearer and a crystal holder." A large dude, who Green Lantern knew was a New God, she remembers learning about them from Hal says as the team stands in front of him in uniform. Ms. Martian introduced him as Bear to the team

"Don't you like it when you know even in outer space," Spark says with a smug grin.

"Motherbox, let's be on our way!" Bear tells the Motherbox, and the Motherbox makes a ping and a boom tube opens.

Green Lantern furrowed her brows, as she and the rest of the team walk towards the boom tube. "I don't know how to feel about this, I thought Hal told us that whenever you hear that sound nothing good ever happens after."

Spark shrugs. "Jen, you have been apart of this for over a year. One day you're going to have to learn there are some things that Hal says that you're just going to have to leave at the door."

When they exit the boom tube, Bear just falls to the ground of the boom tube was four feet in the air, the team just hops to the ground easily, as the man questions the Motherbox. "Motherbox! Why--" The Motherbox makes a ping and he stands up. "Magical bad luck?"

"Sorry!" Thirteen apologies. "I got excited. Lost control."

"Don't blame you." Kid Flash told her. "This is so crash! We are on a mission in space!"

"Just like the Justice League!" Wonder Girl said excitedly.

"Are we going to tell them that we go to space all the time?" Green Lantern whispered to Spark.

"I'm not even going to tell them, that I've gone to space on Team missions." Spark shook her head with a short laugh.

"You Earthlings are considerably more enthusiastic than Superboy." Bear laughs and puts his arms around Static and Kid Flash

***

"Recognized Nightwing B-0-1, Spirit B-0-5, Tigress B-0-8, Pierce, Jefferson G-0-1, Halo G-0-3," The five of them walk out of the zeta-tube and walk into the garage. Marie wasn't all that happy that she was dragged into this, but she did tell both Artemis and Dick that she would help if there was anything not mission-related.

"Huh. Didn't know there were G-designations." Lucas Carr hummed.

"There aren't," Dick tells him. "Not officially. See, when Jeff resigned from the League, Kaldur had to revoke his access, And Halo and Brion never had it."

"So you hacked the Justice League computer."

"I hacked the Justice League computer," Dick repeated. Marie rolled her eyes.