Still Hate Fake Words

HOLLYWOOD

January 23; 14:01 PST

"Recognized Spark B-2-4; Angi B-2-9; Green Lantern B-3-1."

"Marie!" Alya shouted right as she appeared in the Zeta-tube. Alya then stormed up the stairs making her towards Marie's room. Electricity just sparking right off Alya's body, causing the lights to flicker. Garfield and Victor, who were in the Hub, looked at James and Jenna with wide eyes.

"I'm guessing you told her?" Garfield questioned as Jenna and James made their way to the couches where Victor and Garfield sat.

"Yep." Jenna nods. "She's taking it way better than I thought."

Alya pushed open Marie's door without even a thought of knocking. Marie was lying on her bed looking through her phone when Alya entered the room.

"You are unbelievable!" Alya screamed, causing Marie to look at Alya. "You really kept another secret for him! He's not even your boyfriend anymore! You're dating Sara! Who I'm sure you completely forgot about, by the way!"

"Why are you yelling at me because of that?" Marie looked at Alya with wide eyes. "And I haven't forgotten about Sara! How could you say that!"

"Oh really, when's the last time you talked to her, and don't lie because I know that answer." Alya glared at her. "Two weeks ago. And that's only because she's called you!"

"You're not seriously upset that I'm not talking to my girlfriend?" Marie stood up from her bed, "That's none of your business! If you're going to be upset with me, be upset that I kept a secret from you and allowed Kaldur, Batman, and Dick to use you. But you don't get to get upset that for the reasons why I did it."

"Are you seriously telling me what I can, and I can't be mad about?!" Alya furrowed her brows in anger. "That's a me move!"

"Now, you know how it feels!" Marie retorts. "And I didn't keep the secret because of Dick..." Marie's face fell as she tries to think of the reason she didn't say. "Well, maybe it was because of Dick, but not because I had feelings for him. It was because he's my best friend. And even if it is poor judgment, I trust Dick, and I know his heart is in the right place, and I hoped that he would see the wrong he was doing."

Alya shook her head with a scoff, "You're so naive."

"Hey!" Marie shouted in offense. "I'm not naive, and I know what I did was wrong."

"And that's my point!!!" Alya screamed, "You knew it! And that's why I'm so upset with you, probably more so than everyone else. At least Batman, Aquaman, Nightwing, Ms. Martian, Robin, and Barbara believe what they were doing was right. But you knew the whole time that it was wrong, and you said nothing! All because of a boy!"

"It wasn't because of him!" Marie shouted back, "And you're one to talk. I know that you decided to go to Georgetown instead of Stanford because James stays in that area to film his show, and Dylan wasn't accepted. You choose boys over your own future."

"That's different! You can't compare a decision I made for myself that only affects my life to a decision that affects not only the League but, let's be real, the whole universe." Alya glared at her sister. " I will admit that Dylan and James do affect my decision-making, but I wouldn't keep a secret that affected you from you or Jenna. Even if James told me too."

"Alya, I am sorry that I didn't say anything--"

"You know, three years ago, I thought Hal was such a terrible mentor." Tears formed in Alya's eyes, and her voice began to crack. "And you were the best, and it was an honor to have you train me because you were one of the first sidekicks. But boy... fourteen-year-old me would be so shocked that most of the heartbreak that she feared from her uncle really ended up coming from you."