Chapter 20 - Familiar

We're on our way to PasuPare Studios, we didn't even get a chance to eat because we we're suddenly called to the studio by Ms. Mio.

I wonder if something happened?

But more importantly....

"Look! That guy looks so hot!"

"That guy looked our way! Omfg!!!"

"I think he caught me looking at him!!!"

Uhh... I don't know if they know but.... I can hear them.....

"Gee Anon, looks like that new look is working way too well for you" Makoto said.

I can't help but to think that he's slightly mocking me with what he just said.

"How do I put this.... I'm used to it but at the same time... I'm not...." Is what I replied.

After all, people used to look at me funny and thought that I was a delinquent. But now they're looking at me like I'm sort of celebrity....

I do look the part though...

"You should get used to it soon! Aren't you thankful that Arina was the one that gave you a new look?" Makoto asked me.

"I am, I really am. " Is my reply.

I'm really glad that I can finally be free from such scornful looks from other people. This is my first step towards cleaning my image! I think!

.
.
.

A few moments later, we arrive in front of PasuPare Studios.

We go in, but we experience a bit of a trouble because guards did not recognize who I was and had to ask for an I.D.

Even if I did give them mine, they thought that it wasn't me and we almost got in trouble for it. Luckily, Ms. Mio came to our rescue and dragged us out of it.

"We may need to get you a new I.D. and a brand new photo for it." Ms. Mio said.

"Sorry...." Damn, I can't be more embarrassed...

We we're called to her office to be briefed about our duties and what we're supposed to look out for during the event. Which is in a few hours.

"That's all that you need to know and be wary of for later. Bu I gotta say Anon... You're like a whole different person. I almost couldn't recognize you!" Ms. Mio said as she laughed the matter off.

You certainly didn't recognize me!!

"He got so many stares from girls on our way here! Honestly, I'm a bit jealous. But I'm happy for you my man!" Makoto said as he shed fake tears from his eyes while trying to comfort me.

DON'T SAY IT LIKE THAT!!!!

The door suddenly opens, and Chisato and Maya comes in.

"Ms. Mio, all of our instruments have finished maintenance." Chisato said.

"I've changed all of the strings, and tuned the drums myself! There was no particular problem with any of them too!" Maya said enthusiastically.

"Good work, we'll be with you in a moment." Ms. Mio replied.

They both give me a questionable look.

"Um... Is he a new hire?" Maya asked.

SHE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE ME?!?!

"I was wondering the same thing too..." Chisato added.