Chapter 49 - Savior

It's a beautiful evening outside...

Fans are cheering....

Lightsticks are shining....

On nights like these....

Teens like me....

Should be lying in bed!

But we're not in the comfort of our homes right now. We're here for our main event! At the stage for World Idol Fes!!!

I let out a sigh.
Little drops of sweat fall down from my head,  slowly slithering across my face.

It's finally time for PasuPare to get on stage. And you can tell from the atmosphere that the next group performing is definitely a group to look out for.

"Makoto, look at this crowd...." I said while looking around the stage as we exit the backstage.

I can't believe my eyes. PasuPare's stage is filled with fans. Each and every one of them have light sticks to show their support to the group. And you can tell that each of these fans have a favorite member. But as usual, there are more pink lightsticks than yellow, green, blue, and white.

Aya... despite not being up on stage yet... you've already captured the hearts and attention of most of the people present here.

"Yeah... I've been to a concert like this before.... but being this close to the stage... the view here looks surreal...." Makoto explained. We walk along our designated area, trying to familiarize ourselves with the walkway that we are in charge of.

We both were in awe from amazement. We kind of want to capture this moment, we have to properly do our jobs for now.

PASUPARE!!!
PASUPARE!!!
PASUPARE!!!
PASUPARE!!!

The crowd chants as they wait for the girls to come out. The light sticks that are high up in the air, imitating flies as if they're out if control, accompanied by their voices in unison and in rhythm to the intro song makes their entrance even more exciting.

"PASUPARE!!!" Makoto joins the chant without hesitation. You can almost tell as if he's actually one with the audience, it's as if he isn't someone who has duties to fulfil tonight. He seems to have brought his own lightsticks from home too...

"What are you doing?!"

"What?! I was once like them Anon! They're my people!!! Why can't you let me join them?!"

"Obviously because we're supposed to be working right now!!"

"If I can't cheer for them, then how come Ms. Mio is allowed to wave a flag?!"

My eyes averted it's gaze and spotted Ms. Mio at the side of the stage waving a tall and sturdy flag with Pasupare's symbol on it.

Ms. Mio should be pretty athletic if she can wave a flag that big on her own....

"I know what we're supposed to do Anon, and I'm not just about to forget that now that we're this close to the stage. Don't hold yourself back from supporting the girls." Makoto said. He handed me his other lightstick.

Pretty cheeky.... he already switched it to pink....

"You're right...." I think he's right, so I went ahead and gave in.

"PASUPARE!!!!! AYA-CHAN!!!! 愛してるぜ!!とても愛してるぜ!!あやちゃん!"

"For someone who was so reserved a while ago... You cheer louder than most of us.... " Makoto retorted.