EXTRA Chapter 3

"Makoto, what do you think of this?" Chisato took a blue polo shirt from a row of clothes. We arrived at the mall and the first place she took me to was a well-known brand's store.

"Chisato.... this is the men's section."

"I know." She raised it to my torso to check if it fitted me.

"Wait, is this supposed to be mine?" I asked her.

"Yes. I don't see why I would buy myself clothes for a guy that doesn't even fit me." 

"So.... why are you buying clothes for me then?"

"You're my bodyguard, and you're always with me. I'd like it if you can dress better and more presentable especially when we're meeting with the higher ups."

"I apologize for not looking presentable enough..."

"Don't be like that. Just a suit makes you plenty charming." She takes out another polo, this time, it's yellow. Raised it up to me and check if the sleeve length is just fine. "What about this..."

"Charming you say..." I raised her chin up with my hand, inching it close to my face. "Do you really think that?"

Chisato blushed and gave me a discontent look.

"Do I have to remind you where we are?"

"There's no one else in this aisle but us right now."

She placed her hand on my cheek and tilted her head.

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

I was caught a little off guard from her response, but I eventually gave up and let go.

.

.

.

After finishing up in the men's section, we swiftly made our way to Chisato's favorite clothes shop to search for new outfits for her.

"The shop seems to be on sale..." She looked up at me, giving me a worried but excited look. I get it. She's wondering if I'll get tired following her all around the shop while she's taking her time picking out clothes.

I gave her a reassuring smile.

"You don't have to worry about me. Go ahead." I replied.

"I promise not to take too long."

"I already told you to take your time."

We entered the shop and a clerk immediately approached her. They started talking about what's new and then the clerk immediately fired some recommendations at her. All I was doing was following them, carrying the bags we got from the previous store.

Chisato picked out some clothes that she want's to try on. We hurried to the dressing room.

"I'll be quick. Don't go anywhere, okay?" She said.

"I won't go anywhere." I replied.

She then went inside to try the clothes out.

The clerk that was with her walked over to my side and started talking to me.

"Your girlfriend is very pretty, mister. She has such clear and soft skin, it was difficult to find anything that didn't suit her." She mentioned.

Everyone that we encountered today seems to have had the same expression of us.

"I agree. She's definitely stunning. Ah but, I'm not her boyfriend." I replied.