mariah

Ana scans over the car keys hanging from the hooks in the kitchen. She had four cars to choose from since Adonis had taken the Lamborghini. She decides to take the Mercedes G-Wagon and heads for the front door after grabbing the keys.

Adonis had given her his credit card so she could grab groceries and entertain herself for the day. She opted out of asking Rayn to tag along and decides to call Mariah instead. As she drives into the city, she dials up her best friends number.

"Hello?"

"Um, is this Mariah?"

"Anastassia!? Is that you?" Mariah ask through the receiver.

"Yes, yes it's me!" Ana responds excitedly.

"Oh my goodness! How are you? Where the hell are you?"

"I'm fine, I'm back home now... I'm driving into the city now."

"That's great! Meet me at the new coffee shop on 39th. I'll text you the directions!"

"Okay."

Ana ends the call and puts the address into her GPS once Mariah sends it. As she pulls up to the coffe shop her phone rings. Looking down she she's Adonis's name pop up on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Where you at butterfly?"

"I'm at this coffee shop grabbing some coffee before I head to the grocery store."

"You alone?"

Ana bites into her bottom lip and thinks back to him letting her know Hood would watch after her when he wasn't able to. Her nerves begin to set in as she looks around the parking lot.

"Yes, I'm alone right now."

"Didn't want Rayn talking your ear off today huh?" Adonis chuckles which eases her nerves a little.

"It's not that." Ana giggles. "I just wanted to do this on my own, I'm going back home after the grocery store anyway."

"Aight, well I was just checking on you. I'll be home around 8. I love you baby."

"I love you too." Ana responds as she steps out of the car.

Adonis ends the call and she lets out a sigh of relief. Looking around her to make sure she couldn't spot Hood anywhere one more time she makes her way into the coffee shop. After ordering a white chocolate mocha latte she takes a seat at one of the booths in the back.

Waiting just a few minutes the door opens and she looks up to see a light skinned woman with jet black straight hair smiling and walking toward her.

"Hi Ana!" Mariah speaks while holding her arms out for hug.

Ana stands and hugs her back. Unlike with Rayn, Mariah had a welcoming aura and something was comforting about her. She felt she could really trust Mariah.

"Hi."

The women sit down in the booth and Mariah smiles over at her with tears in her eyes.

"I was so worried about you Anastassia. Adonis wouldn't tell me what hospital you were at or how you were doing. For all I knew you could've been dead."

"Why is he like that with you?"

"I don't know. He's a little controlling and didn't like the fact that I would tell you when he was wrong. I encouraged you to leave him more than once over the course of your relationship with him. I damn near begged you not to marry that man."

Ana furrows her brows and sips her drink.

"Why didn't you want me to marry him?" Ana questions.