escape

"Hmm, maybe I should have put these on first." Ana mumbles to herself as she looks at the baked potatoes in the kitchen.

She shrugs and closes the oven before setting the timer for another 20 minutes. She leans against the counter and folds her arms waiting patiently for the food to finish. Adonis rounds the corner into their kitchen and gives her a wide smile.

She can't help but to blush and return it.

"How's my beautiful wife doing tonight?" Adonis ask while pulling her into a hug.

"I'm good. Waiting on the food to finish so we can finally eat." Ana responds.

Adonis nods and begins to place kisses on her neck causing her to giggle like a young schoolgirl in his hold. Two months had passed since Adonis had put his hands on her and he hadn't done it since giving Ana a little hope that maybe it wouldn't happen again. Adonis releases her and grabs a water bottle from the fridge quickly gulping it down before speaking to Ana again.

"How's your memory coming along?"

"Um, fine... I've been meaning to ask you something though."

"Shoot."

"Do I have a sister? And have you talked to my mom or dad recently? I have memories of me and this girl named Aaliyah who I think is my sister."

Adonis looks over at Ana and debates on lying or telling her the truth about her family.

"Right now I'm the only family you have Anastassia. You moved here with me after a year of us dating and your mother and sister didn't approve. So, they decided to cut all ties with you. They didn't even come to our wedding."

"For four years I haven't spoken to them?"

Adonis shakes his head and Ana gives him a slow head nod. She couldn't remember much about her relationship with her sister and mother but she didnt remember her these things Adonis was telling her. She had noticed that neither her mother or sister were present in their wedding pictures.

"What about your family? Is it just you and Rayn?"

"My mom lives in LA, dad died when I was 13. Other than that yeah, it's just me and her and you."

"How did your dad die?"

Adonis raises his brow and bites his bottom lip. Ana could tell he wasn't expecting her to ask that question. Talking about his dad was a sensitive subject for him, but of course Ana couldn't remember that.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to" Ana speaks.

"It's cool. You ain't know..." Adonis mumbles. "He was murdered baby."

Ana approaches him and pulls him into a tight hug. His body was tense and his jaw was clenched.

"I'm so sorry." Ana whispers in his ear.

Adonis relaxes and nods while Ana kisses his ear softly. Ana hears the timer go off for the potatoes and she slowly removes herself from his hold.

"Sit down, I'll make you a plate."

Adonis nods and takes his seat while Ana makes their plates. During dinner they talk and she was actually enjoying his company. The one thing that remained on her mind though was he family, she was going to get in touch with them as soon as she could.

xxxxx

"Hey, are you busy?" Ana ask through the phone.

"Nope. How are you? I haven't talked to you since the day at the park."