aftermath

"Ana? Wake up." Rayn whispers into Anastassia's ear.

Ana rolls over and squints while holding on to the side of her still aching face. Groaning lowly she rolls her eyes before pulling the covers over her head. She didn't want to speak to anyone right now, especially not Rayn who was making it a habit of showing up at her home uninvited and unannounced lately.

"Dont be like that. Come on I wanna take you out, you've been cooped up in the house for the past three days. You and Adonis must have gotten into a fight huh?" Rayn questions while taking a seat on the bed next to where Ana was laying.

"A fight? Can you call it that when only one person is swinging?" Ana mumbles.

"I know it seems like a lot right now but this isn't the first time the two of you have gotten into it like this."

"Rayn... could you do me a favor?" Ana ask from under the covers.

"Of course! Anything."

"Could you get the fuck out and leave me alone? Thanks."

The smile falls from Rayn's face and she lets out a low sigh. Standing from the bed she grabs her purse and heads for the door. She stops in the doorway and speaks again.

"You've always been moody after it happens. You'll come around and I'll be here for you like I was before." Rayn speaks before leaving Ana alone in the large bedroom.

Ana listens for the front door to open and shut signaling that Rayn was indeed gone before sitting up in bed. She lets out a deep sigh and wipes away the tears that were beginning to fall from her eyes.

"How had I ever tolerated this?" Ana whispers to herself.

Three days had passed since Adonis had shown Ana who he really was and it was obvious that she wasn't a fan of it. Adonis had been showering her with love and gifts while acting fairly normal. Ana could appreciate his efforts but she wasn't going to forgive him.

Slowly she climbs out of bed and heads into the bathroom to shower and change clothes. Ana walks into the kitchen and is actually relieved that Adonis had been working more lately giving her the alone time she needed. She helps herself to a bowl of cereal and flips through the channels on the tv. Hearing the front door open and shut again she sighs and rolls her hazel colored eyes.

"Adonis wants me to get you out of this house. So, I am not leaving again without you." Rayn speaks from behind her.

"I don't give two shits what Adonis wants." Ana mocks.

Rayn sighs and sits down next to her on the couch. Rayn looks at the side of her bruised eye, she had always known from the start of their relationship the things Adonis would do to Ana. He had done these same things to some of his other girlfriends, eventually growing bored with them and letting them leave.

But that day never came for Anastassia, and Rayn knew the day they got married that day would never come.

"Please Ana. You know how he is... I don't wanna hear his mouth and I don't want him lashing out on you because you didn't do what he asked." Rayn pleads.

"How long?"

"How long what?"

"How long have you known he's been doing these things to me?" Ana ask not bothering to look over in her direction as she spoke.

"I've known since about six months into your relationship with him." Rayn admits.

"Why didn't you ever try to stop him or help me? You claim we were best friends but you sat by while I was getting my ass beat by my husband."