일곱 | 7

call.

Jisoo was enjoying Hoseok's memes on the group chat when she heard Jennie hissed. She looked up on her only to find her forehead creased with an annoyed expression.

"What's wrong with you?" Jisoo asked and put down her phone.

"I hate boys," Jennie answered, voice laced with annoyance. Jisoo's brows aligned and she gave her full attention to Jennie.

"And why's that?"

"Yoongi and I have been going out the past weeks. He asked me out last month," Jisoo's eyes widened to her surprise. Is she for real? How come she doesn't know?

"Wait... what?" Jisoo asked, confused.

"I thought it was going alright for the both of us but he's not answering my texts since yesterday and I saw him with someone else this morning. I'm sure I'm hotter than the girl he's with though. Ugh!" Jennie whined and threw her phone on the table.

Jisoo looked at Jennie, still shocked.

"Wait, you and... Yoongi? H-how come?" Jisoo asked.

"Unnie, I've said a lot and you still can't process that information? Yes. We've been going out. I wanted it to be official in between us but he's... he's distant."

"He... he asked you out?" Jisoo asked again.

"Yes..." Jennie answered her. But this time, she faced Jisoo. "Why? Do you... perhaps, like him, Unnie?" She asked, raising her brows on Jisoo.

Jisoo immediately shook her head; a hesitant smile appeared on her lips. "No."

She looked away and wetted her lips. An emotion she can't name took over her.

She didn't noticed Taehyung came with a tray, finally back after minutes of ordering their lunch. "Thanks," Jennie said to Taehyung and immediately took her food from the tray.

Jisoo reached for hers absent-mindedly.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked. She looked at him and raised her brows. "Huh?"

"I asked if you're okay? You seem kinda lost," he repeated. Jisoo nodded and smiled at him. He smirked and gave Jisoo her water.

"I'm okay."

Taehyung didn't talk again after that. Jisoo was busy on her food and surprisingly quiet that Taehyung's glances became unnoticed, not to Jennie.

Jennie observed the two. She knows there's just something. And she knows exactly how complicated it was as she imagined the consequences if the words that are not yet spoken will be heard.

Not long after Taehyung came back, his phone rang and Chaeyoung's name flashed on his screen.

He picked it up, "Hey."

Jisoo looked up at him curiously.

"Okay, I'll be right there. Wait a little bit, I'm almost done. I ordered your food too... yes, yes. Okay."

"Chaeyoung? What did she say?" Jennie asked after Taehyung put down his phone.

"Oh, she asked me to get her. I'm done. You two okay here? I'll be back." Taehyung asked while shoving the last spoonful of his food on his mouth.

"Just tell her to come so you could finish your food," Jisoo butt in.

Taehyung cleared his throat and shook his head slowly. He picked up his bottled water and drink from it.

"No, it's okay. I'll go get her." He insisted.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Jennie glared over him. Jisoo curiously looked at the two of them.

Taehyung's perfect brows creased. "No. What are you talking about?"

"Just wanna make sure that no one's being used just because we can't have the original," Jennie chuckled.

Taehyung gritted his teeth and let the topic slip away. "I'll be back," he looked at Jisoo and smiled before walking away.

"What was that for?" Jisoo asked Jennie. The girl just shrugged.

Minutes later, Yoongi reached their table. Jisoo busied herself with her phone as Jennie and Yoongi talked.

_
a/n: I changed the plot a little. I just wish I won't regret it. lmao. sksksks.