여덟 | 8

wonder.

"What took you so long?"

Taehyung hastily occupied the space beside Jisoo, still panting from his running.

"I'm sorry, I have an emergency to attend to. I cannot bring you home today. Will that be okay?" He said, looking at Jisoo as he pushed back his brown hair, wiping the sweat descending his forehead.

"You could've just called, you know."

"My phone died," Taehyung said before roaming his gaze around their circle and nodded to them as an acknowledgement. His gaze stilled for a few seconds on Yoongi before looking back at Jisoo, who's surprisingly quiet.

"So you're also not gonna come with us to the theater tonight?" Jisoo asked quietly.

Taehyung slowly shook his head, "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you next time. For now, I have to go." He said the last sentence louder for the rest to know.

Jisoo slowly nodded at him.

"Do bring Jisoo home for me." He said and tapped her on the shoulder before turning around to leave.

She watched him vanish in the sea of students at the cafeteria, curiosity seeping in on her. He has been busier lately, she thought.

"And poof, he's gone again." Said Jungkook who also seem to notice. "Are you loaded with school works, babe?" He asked Jimin, considering that both have the same schedule. Jisoo knew that they are not as busy as they could be because she has the same schedule as well.

"Not really," the latter replied.

"Strange," Yoongi chimed in, a smirk forming his lips. His playful eyes bore at Jisoo, waiting to strike at any moment.

She avoided his gaze and looked at their table and noticed that besides the rest that still have classes, one particular person is missing.

"Lisa, do you know where Chaeyoung is?" Jisoo could not help herself but ask as she gather her things.

"I don't really know. Last time I've seen her, she's with Taehyung." Lisa said lazily, taking a bite on her sandwich.

"That's probably it, huh?" Jennie giggled to herself. Jisoo looked at her, brows furrowed. Jennie doesn't seem to notice that she heard her side comment.

Jisoo didn't say anything and just stood up for the comfort room.

"I'll be right back," she mumbled, wanting to get out of there as she felt her stomach churn.

"Why am I suddenly upset?" She whispered irritatingly to herself.