Chapter 4: Battle at the Mall

Amelia Jade:

"Wait Amy, before I go, there's someone I have to call," I said pulling her to a stop.

"Okay, I'll be waiting outside then!" she skipped out the front door of the hospital.

I dialed my mom's number and I was terrified of how she was going to react since I never came home, I wasn't at school, and I hadn't called her. If I can recall I remember telling you that my mom was a chill person... well, obviously in these circumstances she wasn't exactly going to be the happiest person in the world.

How did I know that yesterday I would get transformed into an alien/ hedgehog hybrid; almost get kidnapped; and have to tend to the wounds of two guys whom I've never met in my life one being a G.U.N. soldier and the other my childhood hero? I didn't know what I was going to say and I was dreading every second that came closer to her answering the phone.

"Hello? Who is this?" I heard crying on the other line. Mom... now I felt guilt boiling inside of me.

"Mom... it's me Amelia-"

"Where in the hell have you been?! You have had me worried sick! You are so beyond grounded when you get home!"

"I can't..."

"You can't what?"

"Come home."

"Why in the hell aren't you coming home?! What's going on?!"

"You just have to trust me mom, there's nothing I can do about it."

"Where are you?!"

This was not going to make things better.

"I'm in the hospital mom."

There was dead silence.

"What happened to you?!" She freaked out.

"I don't know how to explain everything that's been going on since yesterday but I just wanted to know that I love you and I'm gonna try to fix this as soon as possible," I held my tears back as I spoke to her. This was so hard for me, I didn't know what to do. If she found out that I was being tracked down by an alien trying to harvest the world it would mess her up.

She has severe high blood pressure and always has to keep her heart rate in check so that she doesn't have a heart attack which is why my dad became a part of this project. So he could find a cure for her illness and others suffering from deadly illnesses. Telling her could possibly kill her.

"I understand," she said with a sigh.

What?

"I trust you. Just come home as soon as you can and make sure to stay out of harms way. I love you and I care about your safety."

"Thank you for trusting me, I promise I'll try to stay safe. Bye mom, I love you," I hung up the phone feeling heavy inside and walked out trying to smile to best I could.

I met up with Amy and Rouge, in front of Rouge's black sports car, which I thought looked pretty sick, and we drove off soon afterwards.

We arrived in front of All Star Mall fifteen minutes later.

When we got inside I heard Amy squeal.

"Omg, Omg, Omgeeee. I just remembered that Honey the Cat opened a new store here today!"

"Here?!" I said with amazement. "If only my sister knew about this. Honey's only her all time favorite fashion designer!"

"That's interesting, I didn't know you had a sister," Rouge's ear perked with sudden interest.