Chapter 10: A Grudge

Shadow the Hedgehog:

"You have got to be kidding me. They're seriously trusting this guy?!" Amelia thought.

"My thoughts exactly."

"So let me put this straight.., you're making us work with Egg-for-Brains who's never successful at anything?" said Sonic.

"I'm right here you know!"

"I personally don't trust him either but he actually has a valid point for joining you on your quest," said the Commander.

"You see, on my way back to my laboratory-"

Flashback:

"What in blazes did you do to my precious robots?!"

"After infiltrating the G.U.N Research Center I learned a decent amount of information involving genetic engineering and developed a breed of microscopic organisms to infect your precious badniks and bring them under my control," said Eclipse.

"Darkbots! ATTACK!" a swarm of badniks, aka darkbots, began to attack Dr. Eggman, forcing him to flee.

"You will regret the day you were born you little disease! I have an IQ of over 300! OVER 300!!!"

Present:

"-and that's what happened."

I took pleasure in the irony of this situation.

"So I'm guessing you need us to help you get your bots back and the only way freak is gonna let 'em go is if we defeat him together?" Sonic thought for a moment. "Sure! I'm up for it! Don't do anything evil or creepy though."

Eggman smirked, "I'm glad we've come to an understanding."

They reluctantly shook each other's hands.

The Grudge Pack:

"UNCLE!!!" A brown wolf pup screamed shaking Grudge the Wolf's body.

"What in the heck happened to our Alpha?!" a black wolf growled.

"I don't know but I don't think he's waking up," said a red wolf named Rubio.

"Obviously you dimwit!" The black wolf retorted, whacking Rubio on the head.

"What are we gonna do Coal?" The little brown pup sobbed.

"I don't know Brownie," the black wolf sighed, "but whoever did this is going to pay dearly." Coal clenched his fist imagining the murderer in his grip.

Eclipse the Darkling:

I have to admit it. I held sympathy for this child. My family was murdered to and coincidentally by the same person. I had a flashback of Death's Eye falling limp in my arms while I was being transported in a shuttle sent down to Earth.

The Grudge Pack:

"We must decide our next leader immediately," the Rubio suggested.

"I don't think that will be necessary."

The pack turned their heads to see a Eclipse standing a top a black badnik oozing with a strange red substance. No one could tell what species he was, but they knew he wasn't of this world.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"My name is Eclipse and I want the same exact thing you wish to take... revenge on a certain black hedgehog."