Chapter 8: Dark Voices

Amelia Jade:

I tried to keep calm but I was squealing like a little girl inside.

"Omg, Omg, OMGeeee!" great now I was starting to sound like Amy. -_-

I was just really excited to have had my first kiss. It was almost as thrilling as that time I went zip-lining in the mountains with my guy friends.

We walked back inside the restaurant holding hands. Then he wrapped his arm around me when we sat down which caused me to blush again.

I saw Amy, a yellow kitsune and... the guy from the shrine? They know each other?!

"I'm glad Sonic finally found you. I was really worried since you left without saying goodbye. He told me everything though so I understand why you left," she held concern in her eyes.

"I'm sorry about this morning Amy. I wanted to tell you but it was last minute and everything was really complicated," I felt guilt eating me from the inside but Amy reassured me that everything was okay.

"So do you wanna stay at my house again? I figured since you don't have anywhere to stay that you could live at my place for a while."

I blinked a few times, "wow really?"

"Of course silly, what are friends for?"

I teared up a little bit and gave Amy a tight hug, "Thank you Amy, you're the best!" She reminded a lot of my sister.

After that Sonic introduced me to everyone else and we walked home later on. Sonic offered to take me home while everyone else took off in Tails' plane. We decided to get to know each other a little more as we strolled through the crowded, chaotic city.

"So what's your favorite food?"

"Chili dogs. Yours?"

"Hmmm... I'd have to say-"

"Having fun?" Shadow said coldly, riding in on his motorcycle.

"Yeah, wh-?"

"I was thinking that you should begin your training as soon as possible."

"You mean now?"

"We depart tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah."

"You will need to be prepared for the worst. Unless you want a repeat of earlier, that is."

"Earlier? What happened earlier?" Sonic looked at me.

"It's a long story, I'll explain later," I replied. "This is kind of on short notice though Shadow."

"And I thought you said you'd listen to everything I say," he said hopping off the Dark Rider, as he called it.

"Bu-"

He got really close to my face. "Was I wrong?" He asked with an evil grin.

"No...." I pouted.

"Good, let's go then," Shadow said shoving a helmet to me.

"Hey wait! I thought we were on a date right now," Sonic said disappointed.

"I'm sorry Sonic. I really wish I could stay, but I have to go," I said reluctantly.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

I kissed him on the cheek, "I promise." I gave him a tight hug and hopped on to the Dark Rider.

"Bye Amelia!"

"Bye Son-" Shadow slammed the gas petal too fast for me to complete my sentence.

Uggghhhhh! Why did you have to do that Shadow?! I swear, I wanted to pull my spines out.