Death

Ember opened her eyes.

Hovering above her was Lucas.

She snapped. Her fist shot up straight into Lucas' face. He fell back in shock.

Ember ripped the Transfer Wire out of the cut on her stomach.

Lucas was trying to stand up, when he noticed Ember approaching him with a smile on her face.

A sadistic smile.

Lucas raised an arm up to fend off an incoming blow, but to no avail. Ember kept raining punches down on him.

Once he was able to gain control of himself, she used one of her new found skills to lock him with her eyes. Lucas could no longer move, though he tried.

She advanced towards him, and clocked him in the face. Hard.

He dropped to the ground with a thud. He didn't get back up. Ember smirked down at him, feeling completely satisfied.

Ember next approached Darkett. He was still passed out on the ground.

Feeling no guilt whatsoever, Ember found the dagger and stabbed Darkett in the heart. From that wound, she drug the blade through his skin, creating the letter 'E'. He bled out on to the floor as she watched.

Utterly satisfied, Ember left the palace in a hurry. She had other business.

Although she wasn't exactly sure of how she was supposed to get back to Helvna, she took the sky route.

Using an air skill she had picked up, Ember slowly guided herself high into the air.

..........................................................

Ember was horrified. What had she done to Lucas?

By the time Ember had reached Helvna, she had gained control over both her energy and Darkettt's. She had regained her right mind.

Ember knew she had the power to take Dune out of power, but could she?

It was inevitable. Someone had to, and it appeared Ember was about the only one equipped to do so, however unwillingly.

Helvna's streets were empty. There was a dead silence stretching over the land. Ember knew everyone must have been in Dune's palace.

Ember shuffled down the streets, kicking rock as she went.

Dune had to go.

But there was something she could do. Of course there was. Could she though?

She would have to. Dune was still her brother, after all.

Ember entered Dune's palace, and was shocked to find everyone gathered in the Grand Hall.

"Ember dear, I'm so glad you could join us." Ellis greeted from the doorway.

Ember ignored him.

She shoved past everyone, towards Dune.

Dune's eyes followed Ember. She was here for a reason, he could tell.

"Ember, what a surprise." Dune greeted once she was standing in front of him.

"I love you, Dune." Ember announced with a glazed look about her.

Dune's eyes widened. He saw. He saw something was coming. He was just too late.

Ember raised her arms into the air, and everyone watched as a black liquid slid into her arms.

They watched as Ember reached towards Dune with her arms and forced the liquid out of her arms and into Dune.

The liquid went into his mouth, nose, ears, and fingertips.

Dune gasped for air, and clawed at Ember.

Ember silently shed tears as she watched the process.

Dune finally stopped gasping, and wriggling.

Ember quietly crouched down beside his dead body and whispered into his ear, "It's not over yet, brother."

She slid her hand into his and squeezed as hard as she could. Ember closed her eyes and concentrated on what her own energy felt like. She shaped it and filled it in her mind. Then, she forced it to travel through her body, to her hand. The hand wrapped in Dune's.

She focused more to get the energy into his hand. It wasn't dark energy. It was energy like her own.

She stood and motioned for Ellis.

"Take him to a medical professional. He needs rest and recovery time. Do not feed him. Force only one cup of water into him a day. I will be in to check on him daily."

Ellis nodded, and swept Dune into his arms and rushed away.

Ember turned to address everyone else in the Hall.

"You have watched as the ruler you have been under for a while now, died. You were a witness to that, and you were a witness to his resurrection. Please do not come to me, and ask me to do the same for one of your loved ones. That was the first and last time I will ever do that." Ember inhaled. "Return to your homes, and tomorrow you will start your normal jobs. Schooling will continue as it was before Dune. As for Dune, he has been changed. His energy is different. He will be punished. He will pay. But he will be free. You are to treat him as you would any other citizen. You may leave, now." Ember dismissed the occupants of Helvna.

..........................................................

"You did it."

Ember lifted her head.

"Alone."

"But I'm tired of being alone, Lucas." Ember said softly, looking at his dark bruises.

"You don't have to be alone anymore." He took Ember's hands in his own and lifted her to her feet. "I'm here for good."

Lucas touched his lips to hers.

..........................................................

A/N:

Woah! It's finished. Started With an Ember is complete.

Eventually I will get to editing, but the might be a while.

I had so much fun writing this, and there will be no sequel.

Thanks for reading!

-Em