Moving Forward

Ember was not happy. Definitely not happy. Not okay. Not fine. She was stuck in this stupid building with people she hated and Ash was dead.

Yet she knew she couldn't give up.

"Alright Em, lets go."

"Where are we going?" Ember grumbled, "and do NOT call me Em ever again!" Ember added as she glared at Weston.

This was the first time Ember had talked to him since she discovered he was working for Dune.

"I can call you what I want Em." Weston said just to make her mad. "We're going to see Dune."

"No thanks."

"No thanks? You're coming whether you want to or not."

"Nope."

"Why do you insist on being so stubborn?"

"Ash is dead...because of you!" Ember screamed. She was quickly losing the little patience she had to begin with.

"I didn't kill him."

"No, but it's your fault Dune found us! Don't pretend it isn't!"

Weston shook his head slightly.

"Whatever, come on."

"I said NO! What don't you understand about that? I am not leaving this dang room! And I'm definitely not going anywhere with you!"

"You are."

"Why are you so calm?!" Ember shrieked. She leaped off of her bed and tackled Weston to the floor. Tears poured down her face as punch after punch hit Weston. "I. Hate. You! I. Hate. You!" She cried.

Weston let the punches keep coming until finally he flipped her over and pinned her arms to the floor above her head. He leaned over her and whispered into her ear.

"Come on, Em. Don't be this way. Just forget about Ash and your brother. Think about me. Right now." Weston breathed.

He leaned closer to her face and was staring at her lips.

Ember couldn't let that happen. She brought her head up and a loud crack could be heard as her head made contact with his. She took that moment of surprise to shove Weston off her and run. When would they ever learn?

She sprinted out of the room and through the halls looking for any way out.

Instead she ran into a body.

He stopped her just before she fell to the ground.

Ember looked at his face and gasped.

"Who...who are you?" Ember asked softly.

"We met earlier."

"Are you...Darkett?" Ember wondered.

He gave a slight nod of his head.

"That's my name."

"Oh it's very...creative."

"I like your name. Ember. Such a beautiful name. I know why your mother named you that."

Ember stared at Darkett and wondered how he knew her mom and what he was doing here. Ember wanted to run her fingers through his messy black hair and stare into his captivating silver eyes. Yet, she had questions she needed to ask and she needed to get out of there.

"I would very much love to talk to you but I...uh...I have to go." Ember starting running past Darkett but a hand gripped her arm and held on tightly.

"They won't find us for a while." Darkett said quietly. Ember shook her head at him but seeing as there was nowhere she could go because he had such a tight grip on her wrist, she decided to listen to him.