Finally Feeling Like A Teenager...Until They Ruined It

Ember and the strange boy did not speak for quite a long time.

It was kind of awkward for Ember seeing as she wasn't used to following anyone or asking for their help.

Technically, she didn't ask for this dude's help though.

He offered it.

Ember took the silent walk as a time to look at the boy.

His longish blonde hair seemed to stay out of his face. It was curly and Ember thought it was quite attractive. No! That was a lie! Maybe. He had bright blue eyes and full lips. He also had muscle. Now, Ember wasn't one to judge a guy on his muscle but this dude had it. And not too much.

"Are you seriously checking me out?"

Ember realized too late that she had been caught staring. She blushed bright red and opened her mouth to defend herself but this boy had a tendency to interrupt her.

"Like what you see?" He raised his eyebrows at her.

Ember had to take a moment to compose herself.

"Are you always this cocky?"

"Only around hot girls." The boy winked. Ember blushed again.

"The blushing kinda ruins the look though." He added as an afterthought.

Now she was even more embarrassed that he had seen her blush.

"I wasn't trying to be...hot." Ember muttered.

"I know."

That was the end of a very awkward conversation.

Fifteen minutes lateral, the two arrived in a town with it lights bright. They reached an old gate that the boy pushed and it creakily swung open.

"Welcome to Bel." The boy moved his arms in a large sweeping motion.

Ember didn't know what to say. It was simply a little town. Sure, it was nice and quiet but it honestly wasn't that impressive.

"Cool." Was all Ember could say.

"Well, come on in! Jeez! You are so slow!"

Ember muttered some choice words under her breath and followed him in.

................................................................

"Who is she and why is she here?" A different boy asked.

"Her name's Ember. I saved her." The blue eyed boy said.

Ember frowned and looked at the other boy.

"Your friend is real arrogant. You know that right?" Ember growled.

"Yeah. All the girls love him." The other boy grinned.

"Seriously?"

"Lucas, did this girl not fall for your charm?" The other boy faked gasped. Ember know knew that the boy who saved her must be Lucas.

"Aw dude, she was checking me out on the way here." Lucas said with a smirk. Ember narrowed her eyes at Lucas and sat down in an overstuffed chair. The three were in a small cabin. Originally, they had been deciding what was going to happen to Ember next. Were they going to introduce her to the Adults or were they going to hide her? The last option was to recruit her for the rebellion. Even though that's what they were talking about, they no longer were.

"Nice, man!"

"Idiots." Ember grumbled. She hadn't meant to check Lucas out. It just happened. "Can we get back to the original discussion, please?" Ember asked.

"Only since you said please. I say we keep you hidden from the Adults and you join the Rebellion." Lucas proposed.

"How can I join the Rebellion and stay hidden from the Adults?" Ember wondered out loud.

Lucas and the other boy shot each other a look.

"The Rebellion is ran and made up of teenagers." Lucas said simply.

"Fine. Where's the leader? I want to talk to him. Maybe he will actually give me some answers." Ember huffed.

"You're lookin' at him."

"YOU are the freakin leader??? Just great! Absolutely great!"

"Jared, would you find some duct tape?" Lucas directed his question to the other boy with a name of Jared, apparently.

"Aye aye, Captain!" Jared saluted sarcastically and then he winked at Ember. He actually had the nerve to wink at her.

"Why do you need duct tape?" Ember asked nervously.

Ember received no answer.

Instead, tape was smacked over her mouth and slapped around her wrists.

Ember started screaming but the sound was muffled by the tape.

"Don't worry, honey. This is just until we're done being entertained." Lucas laughed.

Ember widened her eyes but Lucas just shook his head.

"This is funny and we need you to do something you wouldn't normally agree to, so...this is what happens." Lucas explained, still smirking.

Ember started squirming with her bonds but stopped squirming when Lucas quickly swooped down and lifted her into his arms.

He walked right out the door with Ember yelling names at the two boys through the tape.