chapter 19 ninja mode part two

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙earlier that morning‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"What if we jumped through a window?"

Jimin shoots Yoongi a dirty look, "Really? Do you think that's our best option right now?"

Yoongi rolls his eyes, puffing out his cheeks. "I don't see you offering any good ideas." He casts Jimin a side-eyed look, "Should remind you how dumb of an idea walking through the front door is?"

Jimin scowls and sharply waves him off, still crouching low behind the bush. "Shut up. It was just a suggestion."

Past the line of trees and bushes lies the arboretum in all of its dark glory. It sits at the end of a winding gravel road. It is a large building with two warehouses connected by a greenhouse that's fallen out of repair from years of neglect. It appears abandoned but Jimin knows it is alive with monsters.

The crisp morning air smells of mushy snow and cold air. Every breath Jimin takes hurts the inside of his lungs. He is beginning to shake uncontrollably as the warmth of Yoongi's car fades from his skin.

Jimin's tail flicks nervously behind him, occasionally curling towards him and lashing outwards. His heart hasn't stopped pounding since they arrived.

He didn't know the way to the arboretum but he knew enough details to find it. The words, "Flower Grass Arboretum" were burned into his mind since the logo was printed on all of the storage boxes. He told Yoongi about it and Yoongi was able to look it up using his car's GPS, leading them here.

Jimin's gaze falls on the faint light coming from the side of the greenhouse. He squints at the moving light and watches it fade out again.

"You mentioned this place was guarded but I'm not seeing any guards," Yoongi comments, looking over the area. He is also crouched behind the bush and occasionally pokes his head out to see better. "Where are they?"

Jimin looks at the small shed built on the right side of the winding gravel road. He can't see any light coming from the small window but that doesn't mean it's empty. He points with his numb finger, "They are usually in there. The light isn't on, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. This place is supposed to look abandoned to avoid suspicion, they don't risk turning the lights very often."

Yoongi's lip curls back with distaste. "Of course," he forces out, "they're smugglers. Can't risk being obvious."

"My family is in there..." Jimin whispers, his heart aching at the thought of it. "We have to do something. We can't wait here. If they took Eden and Hobi then they are probably being interrogated about me..."

"But not real interrogation, right?" Yoongi questions with worry in his dark eyes. "They wouldn't torture them... would they?"

Jimin shivers again but not from the cold. "Let's hope not. It depends on what mood Sam is in."

"Sam?"

"He's in charge of this place. He's insane." Jimin swallows hard and places his shaking hand on his heart. "I hope he isn't in a bad mood today."

Yoongi nods slowly, still watching Jimin. "So what do we do? Do you know a way in?"

"We need to take care of them first," Jimin points to the shed again, "we need to avoid setting off the alarm. Maybe we could pretend to be guards to get inside...?"

Yoongi inhales sharply and clicks his tongue in disapproval. "That wouldn't work. They're looking for you. It'd be dumb for you to waltz in."

"But we'd have disguises," Jimin argues firmly.