chapter 24 no more mcdonald's

"Bless you and all your children, you guys are literal angels!" I thank Hobi and Yoongi once again as they organize the food.

Hobi smiles warmly as he hands me a large soda, "It's no problem. I'm just glad you are feeling like yourself again."

I grab a straw out of the large paper bag and stick it through the top of the cup. I adjust the table tray that's attached to the bed and make sure it is level before setting the burger on it. I flash the two men a grateful smile again, "I'll pay for the next meal, I promise."

Yoongi drags a chair from the corner of the hospital room but he remains standing. He smirks, "That is if we live till our next meeting."

I smirk in return, "We'll live if we avoid McDonald's."

Hobi whines playfully and pouts his full lips, "Aish, I work there..."

Yoongi reaches over and pats Hobi's back. He mocks a look of sympathy for a moment before grinning again, "Guess you'll die then."

Hobi tosses his head back and fake cries about his untimely death. We laugh and tease him when he finishes his exaggerated lament about the dangers of McDonald's.

When we finish joking around, I devour my large burger and become solely focused on eating this amazing meal. It's one of those lucky burgers that looks like the commercial. It's a miracle burger and tastes like Heaven. It also might have tasted like that because I hadn't eaten all day.

Hobi finishes dividing out the onion rings and fries and sits down in the chair first. Yoongi sips his soda with a distant look, lost in thought, for a moment before looking down at Hobi. He stares at him for a beat.

"What?" Hobi asks incredulously.

Yoongi shrugs. Then he sits down on Hobi's lap.

Hobi watches him for a moment, his lips tighten into a line and pull to one side. "What?" he repeats, still confused.

Yoongi starts eating his burger with a casual expression. "There's nowhere to sit."

Hobi stares at him and then nods a few times. "Fair." Then he continues to eat.

I finish my burger quickly and start finishing my portion of the warm fries. I sink back into the bed and stretch out my legs under the covers. The boys continue eating their food causing the conversation to lapse into a comfortable silence.

The ache in my stomach slowly eases away. The woozy feeling of hunger in my mind still remains but I know it will fade soon enough.

In the peaceful moment, I begin to think of Jimin and how he is doing with Taehyung. Earlier, the doctor came in to tell us of Taehyung's current state; this state was blind panic and irrational behavior. It took only a moment for us to understand the truth behind his wild state and I practically shoved Jimin off the bed and told him to go to Taehyung.

Taehyung needs Jimin right now more than I need him.

Jimin ran out of the room at full speed and he hasn't returned yet. It's been thirty minutes so far but who's counting?

I have no right to feel an ounce of jealousy towards the relationship Jimin has with Taehyung. Taehyung and Jimin have truly been through it all together and I shouldn't feel strange that Jimin has to leave me to talk with him.

I shouldn't, and yet I do.

I still don't like being away from him. Though I am beyond grateful for the presence of Yoongi and Hobi, I want Jimin to be here as well. I want him beside me. I want him to stay with me.